Grand Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
Reviews - Grand Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: Australia
- Traveller type: Luxury Traveller
Read 501 additional reviews of Grand Hyatt Melbourne Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Melbourne
Historical Traveller Reviews of Grand Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
Wonderful Hotel with a Fantastic Location!!!!!!!!from McBam
The Grand Hyatt Melbourne is a hotel I would return to in a heartbeat. It's location in Melbourne is two blocks from the train station that can take you anywhere, about eight blocks from the Yarra River (which has so much growth like restaurants, apts., art galleries and boathouses.....great to watch rowing action!!), fantastic complimentary bus transportation for visitors and great shopping all around.
When we arrived a few hours earlier than our reservation, the staff made sure we had a room available immediately. This room had a few of the restaurant roof. We called the front desk requesting a Yarra River view if one was available, offering to pay for the difference if any, as this might be the only time we would have the luxury of visiting Australia.
We were moved four floors up with a complete riverview room that had great river city view including the "Eiffel Tower" light show from a contemporary art gallery across the Yarra. Our situation was addressed immediately. We did not pay an extra charge for this room although there was one.
Melbourne is so cosmopolitan and yet so refined with history. Do not miss the parks that include a tribute to JFK and Captain Cook. Do not miss the mix of the streets making neighbors of McDonald's, Chanel, etc.etc.etc.
The Grand Hyatt Melbourne is wonderful in staff, location, rooms and amenities. Well worth the fee when transportation, restaurant, etc. costs are filtered into a special visit.
Best 5* hotel in Melbournefrom sarahd1
Excellent experience in the heart of Melbournefrom Cailean
t let the foyer fool youfrom baddle
The staff were friendly and helpful when I made the occasional request and the bathroom was good (separate bath, decent water pressure in the shower etc).
Overall, this is a hotel with a 5 star ground floor and 3 star rooms.
Grand Hyatt Hotel - Great Place to Stayfrom Vilavisitor
We chose the hotel from the list offered as part of a package because of its close proximity to many of the venues, despite having read several lukewarm reviews.
What a surprise - our room was on the 27th Floor and had a wonderful view out over the river and city. It was a joy to look at, especially at night.
The room itself was spotlessly clean, very comfortable and certainly not shabby. The bathroom had both a bath and shower and was a good size.
The hotel was extremely busy and yet any staff members we had dealings with were pleasant and efficient.
Breakfast was the only meal we ate in the hotel and it was of a high standard and nicely presented.
Pretty hotelfrom countryperyear
Very disappointed experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Awful Roomsfrom kaneblack1
Top Local Tips for Melbourne
What is it about Melbourne? All of my Sydney friends love Melbourne, and it's hard for me to understand why. We were disappointed, because it seemed like so many American cities. We were told it's a "foodie" city with great restaurants, bars, and clubs. We were also told it was a shopping mecca. For Americans, most of the shops are available at any large U.S. city. The food, we felt, was no better than Sydney, and certainly no match for our native San Francisco. We didn't give the bars and clubs a fair chance, so I can't comment on that aspect. My theory is that Melbourne is a city that non-urban Australians (and also people from Sydney) go to just as suburban or rural Americans visit big cities. Since there aren't many of these in Australia, Melbourne must be special in that regard. I must say that I don't feel it offers anything beyond Atlanta, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Philadelphia, etc. A friend tells me I'm spoiled because I'm from San Francisco; perhaps!
Excellent 'Italian' Try Cecconi's Cantina. Its Italian but not if the pizza and pasta variety. One of my very favourites.
Stage Shows There is so much to do and see in Melbourne and as a Melbournian we have all the stage shows and theatres right at our door step so come and enjoy what Melbourne has to offer
Other names for Grand Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
- melbourne hyatt
- melbourne grand hyatt
- hyatt melbourne
- Address: 123 Collins Street - Melbourne - Victoria - 3000 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Grand Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
- Quest Collins Street Central Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Westin Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Victoria Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Sofitel Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Lindrum Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Causeway Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Novotel Melbourne on Collins Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Rydges Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Ramada Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Swanston Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Saville On Russell Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Windsor An Oberoi Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- All Seasons Crossley Hotel Melbourne, Victoria Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi