Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, Adelaide
Reviews - Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Read 258 additional reviews of Majestic Roof Garden Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Adelaide
Historical Traveller Reviews of Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Bad, Bad, and very Badfrom Goodluck
There were several minor issues with my stay and three very large problems. To start with the minor issues, the TV volume did not function properly, so it was impossible to hear from the bed, and the toilet ran all night long (creating further noise that exacerbated the TV volume issue.) The bed was not comfortable -- very firm with an attached heater pad with controls just where your shoulder-blades would usually fit. Ouch. The hotel had run out of broadband cables at the front desk (they do not come in the room) so I was unable to have internet access until one became available later in the evening. Oh, and the exercise facility was very small -- with limited room to maneuver. These were minor problems, though.
The door to the room did not close properly, which invited a much larger problem. When I had thought the door was properly closed for the night, it was not. The bolt had not fastened properly. Around 3am, a reveller got my room confused with his and gave us both a surprise as he came stumbling in. After we both had a scream, he left apologizing. I was about to return to bed and try to resume sleeping (in the sideways position I discovered was the only way to avoid the heating controls) when upon looking at the bed I realized that I had some 6-legged companions all over the sheets. Yes -- bedbugs. EWWWWW! I had heard they were making a resurgance in youth hostels and understand that they travel easily from hotel to hotel, but this was just plan gross. Needless to say, I slept on an impromptu sleepmat of my clothing on the floor that night, and took many many showers in the morning to make sure I had no sign of the critters anywhere on me.
In the morning, I went to the front-desk to discuss the problems with the staff. I was greated with disbelief and questioned twice about whether or not I was telling the truth. This was after I was handed the bill and asked to pay in full. I was tempted to show them the bites on my arm. A little while later, the hotel manager approached me to make sure I knew what sort of medicated wash I should purchase and use. Never once did anyone apologize for the issues, or offer to do anything to "make the situation right." I am half-tempted to send in my receipt for the medicated wash I had to purchase.
Needless to say, I checked out promptly and did not stay one more night in that hotel. With the bed-bugs, door/security issue, and unresponsive staff, these are three issues that make this hotel a no-no. At it's price and rating, this hotel falls short of the mark.
With this said, a specialist in the prevention of Bed Bugs was flown in to give us advice on a preventative treatment program to minimize the future risk of Bed Bugs. We as hotel operators are well aware that Bed Bugs are unfortunately an issue across the world in recent times. On receipt of information from this specialist, every room in the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel has been given the suggested "preventative" spray treatment which is ongoing as part of a scheduled program.
In reply to the other issues raised;
- TV remote volume not working – from time to time the batteries in TV remotes will pass their usable life. Reception staff have on hand spare TV remotes and also spare batteries to immediately rectify any issue.
- The toilet was functioning correctly when the room was inspected the following morning.
- The heater pads (electric blankets) in the beds are the top of the available product range and are also fitted to the mattress to ensure premium comfort is maintained. In saying this, mattress preference is an individual thing but I have found the hotel beds to be so comfortable, I have personally purchased the same type and brand for my own use at home!
- Broadband cables are readily available from the reception desk, upon request and are free of charge.
- All guest rooms have the latest access card security door locks and all doors have door closers on them to shut and lock the door when entering and exiting guest rooms. In addition to this, the hotel has access card security on all external hotel doors and the guest lifts within the hotel. From late evening through to early morning, the hotel is only accessible by registered guests of the hotel. Further to this the hotel is staffed 24hrs per day, 7 days a week to assist guests with any issues they may have.
- The gymnasium is not a large facility but we do provide high quality equipment, including walking machines, exercise bike, weights, floor mats, TV entertainment, chilled water etc.
We at Majestic Hotels pride ourselves on providing high quality hotels and very personalised service to all guests. All feedback received is treated equal and we follow through on all items raised.
I do trust the above information will settle any queries people may have, and we will be given the opportunity to prove we provide an excellent hotel with excellent service.
Nice Propertyfrom PUO
I give the the Hotel a 3.5 star business hotel rating.
No complaints about anything - from check-in to the room to check-out was pleasant and efficient. Being winter, I liked the electrically heated bed pads. I had the Executive Room which surprisingly large, bright and airy with its own balcony.
The negatives which affected my stay:
1)lack of a sofa or sofa chairs to relax in (which made the room uncomfortable)
2)failure to provide free or low-cost wireless/broadband
3)no frequent flyers scheme
4)lack of a business centre
Overall, a good no-fuss well maintained clean and efficient hotel but would do much better to service business travellers.
Fantastic Locationfrom atob
The buffet breakfast is just right as well although dont expect much to be left if you arrive very late. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definelty stay there again when I visit Adelaide.
Luxuryfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Would stay here again if ever back in Adelaide!
Great location, friendly staff.from Dragonfield
Everything but the laundryfrom BornTooLoose
We wasted many hours in the guest laundry, however, which has two machines that try to combine wash and dry functions: the drying takes much longer than it should. The friendly staff let us use the facilitiy as long as we needed to for the flat rate and said that they were going to get separate dryers soon. We would have had more fun in the nearby Botanical Garden, which is fantastic, or the central market, or the many shopping arcades.
The room had a rather peculiar feature: the bathroom had frosted windows, so that anybody getting up in the middle of the night would disturb people trying to sleep. Still, we would go back again.
Loved the Majesticfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Gorgeous hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
as good as we expectedfrom RJButt
great location one block from the groovy part of town, and very close to where the festival was on. hotel and rooms brand new, modern and spotless. cheerful young staff. good sized bathroom. roof garden pleasant without being spectacular (ADL is not NYC re skyline). quiet rooms out the back
downsides? tiny gym. outlook pretty uninspiring. no pool (and ADL is HOT in summer). no robes for lounging around rooms. cleaning staff a bit odd--wanted to clean room when suited them not us. no breakfast a bit disappointing for the money?
all in all, a very good choice for ADL--perhaps the best--Hilton is too far from the action, Hyatt getting old. Richmond on a mall that gets very noisy at night.
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Adelaide
Free city loop bus Make use of the free city loop bus to get around the CBD
Gray Line Tours, excellent We enjoyed the Harndorf, Riverboat on the Murray and even went to Glenelg.
Kangaroo Island Book a trip to Kangaroo Island. It's a must! Koalas, Seals, Rocks and a lot more.
Other names for Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
- majestic roof garden adelaide
- hotel majestic roof garden
- Address: 55 Frome Street - Adelaide - South Australia - 5000 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
- Pacific International Apartments On Frome Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hyatt Regency Adelaide Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Mantra Hindmarsh Square Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Richmond Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Quest On King William Street Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Festival City Hotel Motel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Rendezvous Allegra Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Adelaide Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Franklin Central Aprtmnts Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Sebel Playford Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Oaks Embassy Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Chifley On South Terrace Hotel Adelaide, South Australia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi