Swiss Grand Resort and Spa Hotel, Sydney
Reviews - Swiss Grand Resort and Spa Hotel
Read 463 additional reviews of Swiss Grand Resort and Spa Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Sydney
Historical Traveller Reviews of Swiss Grand Resort and Spa Hotel
Old, unfriendly stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Would i recommend it to anyone? NO
Travellerfrom A TripAdvisor Member
But, Swiss Grand hotel(at bondi beach in Sydney) was the worst hotel I ever seen.
1. Room : Bed-> cover sheet was dirty and I have bitten by insect or something..so could not have peaceful sleep for 2 nights.
2. Bathroom : When I entered in the bathroom,,I found the hairs in shower booth and towels looked not clean enough to use.
3. TV : Remote controller was gone wrong and they said, the TV is new but remote controller is old one..which is not quite understandable answer.
So, I needed to turn on and off by manually.
4. Cups and coffee pot : Cups and coffee pot was toooooo dirty to use..These are really not acceptable.
This hotel does not want customers to stay in comfort.
5. Service : I asked for adapter and they said, I should go out and buy it at convinence store.
They never ever gave me alternative option or..explanation.
Just told customer to go out and purchase it just for 2 nite stay in this hotel.
6. Food : Breakfast was...hmmm...I did not know what to eat and drink.
The table and chairs were really dirty so,...I had to look for clean table but...could not fine.
I heard this hotel was 4 stars hotel which I can not agree..
If you are looking for not comfortable hotel and pay unreasonable rate..go ahead to book this hotel.
Great Location, But Our Suite Was Disappointingfrom rschmi1
We had arranged for an ocean-view suite, but we found the suite quite odd. The bedroom portion was of adequate size and had the usual amenities, but we thought it was past due for cleaning and re-painting. The bathroom area was satisfactory, but the spa tub had a large, badly-repaired crack on the exterior and the sink also bore signs of a poor repair job. The remainder of the suite consisted of a small sitting area and a very large dining table and chairs. The suite did not seem amenable to a person who needed to work, but I suppose would have served for a fairly large business meeting. This portion of the suite seemed poorly-lit and also in need of re-painting and re-carpeting.
The staff we encountered were friendly but could have perhaps used more training. The young man running the coffee shop while we were there was very helpful, pleasant, and competent.
It's difficult to beat the location, and it appeared to be the only modern hotel in the area, but we'd think twice about staying there again.
old fashionedfrom claber
We checked out the mext morning and I wrote a letter to the manager expressing my concerns. I received no response from the letter. Iwas very disappointed to say the least. We did eventually find a fantastic hotel, The Westin is a must stay hotel, especially as its the old GPO building where my dad sent a telegram in the 70's to my grandparents to say I had been born. 27 years later I was back to where it all started!!! Fab holiday in the end shame about this crap hotel.
A must is Doyles.
bombed at Bondifrom stressbunny
Great location and service, but needs maintenancefrom Levtrgrl
Other than those few problems we experienced, the hotel was pretty good value but I don't think I'd stay there again.
Swell Swiss!!from A TripAdvisor Member
The desserts are dangerous!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Placefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Worth the extra moneyfrom Becky28
Top Local Tips for Sydney
Bondi vs Manley Bondi is great and you have to see it but I think there are so many other great places to stay. Whilst there are some beautiful walks along the beach and cliffs, Bondi is very touristy. There are plenty of restaurants but a lot are geared towards the backpacker. If you are a backpacker it would be great as you can get $6 breakfasts and lunch and dinners for $10. However, as a place to stay, I wouldn't choose Bondi. Next time I would try Manly. It is much quitter, cleaner and much more up market. If you don't stay there, you should at least visit. There is a great hotel on the corner of the mall and the beach promenade. It has a rooftop bar which overlooks the whole of Manley. Well worth a visit. There is also a great walk along the beach and around the spit.
Reliable bus service The buses run regularly every 15 minutues from Bondi to Sydney.
Sydney Zoo The number 333 bus leaves from many stops on the road outside the hotel but you must buy your ticket in advance at one of the newsagents. This goes direct to circular quay, most other buses involve a change at bondi junction ( home of westfields shopping mall). Dont miss oxford street for some great shopping The ferry terminal do a combined ferry trip/transfer and entrance to the zoo which saved us money. Dont miss the free flight bird show....it was amazing!!!!
Other names for Swiss Grand Resort and Spa Hotel
- swiss grand resort sydney
- swiss grand hotel sydney
- swiss grand
- bondi beach hotel
- Address: Cnr Campbell Parade Beach Rd - Sydney - New South Wales - 2026 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Swiss Grand Resort and Spa Hotel
- Hotel Bondi Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Ultimate Apartments Bondi Beach Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Bondi Lodge Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Coogee Sands Hotel and Apartments Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Dive Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 4.1 km / 2.6 mi
- Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Vibe Rushcutters Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 4.6 km / 2.9 mi
- Macleay Serviced Apartment Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Potts Point Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Hotel Altamont Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Kirketon Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Woolloomooloo Waters Apartments Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- W Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- Bayview Boulevard Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi
- Comfort Inn Cambridge Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 5.9 km / 3.6 mi