Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel, Sydney
Reviews - Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: Australia
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Sydney
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel
Excellent hotelfrom AnneB32
The room was large, clean, nicely decorated and well furnished with a very large bathroom. I had a nice balcony which overlooked the start of the Harbour Bridge. There was plenty of storage and cupboard space which I liked particularly as I was there for nearly a fortnight. In addition to this the safe was big enough to store a laptop which is a rarity in most hotels.
Breakfast was good but not really much variation so it became a bit boring after a while. The hotel has a good bar and serves good food in the evening.
As for the location it couldn't be better situated. The Opera House is a 2 minute walk away, the Royal Botanical Gardens are opposite, Circular Quay and the rocks are just outside your day.
Fantastic hotel would definitely stay there again.
Recommend it to anyonefrom jander18
Will come backfrom Still_Searching
Excellent hotel, Perfect locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I loved the Sir Stamfordfrom mis5
Elegant and refinedfrom Philipau
The decoration in the public areas is rich and sumptuous. The bar and restaurant were very enjoyable places to be with exceptional staff. I felt 'at home' right away.
The room was a good size for an 'ordinary' room in a sydney hotel. It had an air of fading grandeur. The marble bathroom was luxurious, but no separate shower.
I had a glitch checking in when I was put in a room with sealed windows, but was moved immediately I contacted reception.
Room service and housekeeping were excellent.
The new room had a loose window catch and problems with the air-conditioning. When I rang about it next morning the staff promised action "straight away", unfortunately this did not happen after 3 more calls. So I went out and left a personal letter for the Manager.
When I returned about 3 hours later all was fixed with a lovely bowl of fruit,mineral waters and a letter from the manager with complimentary access to the Club Floor for my stay. She also rang me personally to check all was ok.
Apart from this glitch my stay was superb. I do get the impression that more staff could be used, but everyone was very friendly and helpful. Service without snobbery or grovelling.It was just the perfect tone.
The breakfast in the Dining Room was very nice and the bar is just a fantastic place to be.
I have looked and looked (and sampled)for the right place to stay when in Sydney and at last I have found it.
Georgeous ambiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
location and staff. A small, truly elegant hotel. We would highly recommend your hotel
to our friends and family. Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Not Quite 5 Starfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A Pleasant Surprisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel impressed from the start with extremely helpful front door staff.
Room was superbly furnished, and the hotel has a real personal touch with lots of french antiques/reproductions.
Room (409) was fantastic, big and spacious, with a bathroom which was even more impressive than my other fav. hotel, the Canberra Hyatt.
The dining room is fabulous for breakfast. A four minute walk to Circular Quay. Great price, Great location Great atmosphere.
Premium value at a reasonable pricefrom coloradowriter
Top Local Tips for Sydney
weekly travel ticket Don't necessarily buy the Sydney Explorer ticket if you want to cut cost. We bought the weekly train/bus/ferry ticket which was much cheaper and allows you to use the corporation ferries/ buses and trains in different zones. You are still able to visit most places with the ticket ie. Manly, Darling Harbour, Olympic Park, Bondi etc You can buy the tickets at the airport train station when you arrive or in the city stations.
Incredible dining experiences The Pier at Rosebay is a stunning contemporay view seafood restaurant and setting. The food was simply outstanding. Service was a bit cool and nervous. No jollies there. Cafe Sydney in the old Custom House has amazing contemporay interior design providing a smashing view of the Sydney Harbour bridge. Check to make sure you are going to get a Prime table first. Food deliciouos, service efficient. But it suffers a bit from its success. Staff cool. A place for a memorable view, but not a place to dine where you feel you are special!
Sydney Pass Sydney Pass seems expensive(we paid $125 for 5 days) but it is worth it. Travel on all buses, ferries and most trains is included. It also includes two bus tours (the Sydney Explorer and the Bondi Explorer) and three harbor tours which are worth doing. If you like being on the water the ferry system is extensive and goes to many of the tourist attractions - the Zoo, the Aquarium. The Nautical Museum across from the Aquarium is also worth seeing and it's free.
Other names for Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel
- sir stamford
- Address: 93 Macquarie Street - Sydney - New South Wales - 2000 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel
- InterContinental Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Quay Grand Suites Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Sofitel Wentworth Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Russell Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Four Seasons Hotel Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Establishment Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Clarion Collection Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Quay West Suites Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Old Sydney Holiday Inn Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Shangri la Hotel Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Medina Classic Martin Place Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi