Park Hyatt Sydney Hotel
Reviews - Park Hyatt Sydney Hotel
- Age Group: 60 +
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Luxury Traveller
Read 327 additional reviews of Park Hyatt Sydney Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Sydney
Historical Traveller Reviews of Park Hyatt Sydney Hotel
Hands Down the Best in Townfrom MonkeyGreen
The location is world class, with one of the best views from the prime rooms and public spaces in well, the world. The panorama of the Opera House City Lights and Harbour Trafffic is magic.
Sitting in the rooftop hot tub at night is a fantastic experience. The rooms are fresh and updated with Plasmas lovely bathrooms and all the latest.
The hotel is within walking distance to the Bridge (try the climb or just look at it from the hot tub) and the historic Rocks district. Also an easy walk to the CBD and opera house and myriad places to eat shop and sightsee.
Have the concierge book you dinner and take a water taxi to one of Sydney's many fine waterfront restaurants (try Catalina).
I will say that I would only book a premium harbour/opera house view room to fully take advantage of this hotel. This is a place to be experienced and is not for the light of wallet.
If its your first time in Sydney and you have the budget, do not hesitate to book this hotel.
What else can I say??from A TripAdvisor Member
The bestfrom whittimere
Nice but priceyfrom Upscaleduds
Best View For Sure!from Fe3O4
perfect for wedding nightfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Perfect in every wayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We had dinner in the restaurant by a window with a view of the opera house. The food was excellent, a must if you stay. Room service was great. We took advantage of the free DVD library and had a bottle of wine. The pool on the roof isn't particularly large but it is clean and, situated right under the Harbour Bridge, has quite a view.
Overall the service was first class and the staff could not do enough to make sure you were comfortable. If you are looking to book a room for New Year's eve then this would be a good choice, if not a cheap one.
Gorgeous Hotel, Amazing View, A Little Out of the Wayfrom IAD777
Top dollar but not top servicefrom mrsmcmd
Problem No. 1 - Room was not ready when we checked in - even though I had given prior notice that the booking was for a wedding. Given a spare room to get dressed in.
Problem No. 2 - Lost luggage - Returning for our wedding night we discovered we had no luggage. Had to wait 25mins for them to discover it and deliver it to the room.
Problem No. 3 - Electronic Keys never worked - Without failure, everytime we went out, our key would not work upon our return.
Problem No. 4 - Lost Coats - When they lost our luggage they failed to deliver our coats. It was only when we were virtually getting into the taxi for the airport that they found them (we were heading for Europe in winter).
After all these problems, bearing in mind that we were still trying to be polite about everyting, our consolation was a complimentary breakfast for one morning and an offer of a discount for our next stay. Needless to say we won't be taking them up on the discount!
Great views/location and your typical Hyatt decor, but you get better service in your local McDonalds!
s cracked up to be!from A TripAdvisor Member
My advice, stay elsewhere. There are plenty of cheaper hotels with equally fanatstic views or even rent an appartment. That's what we'll do next time. I've paid less in the past and had better facilities. A BIG disappointment.
Top Local Tips for Sydney
Good food Cafe Sydney is a good place to go, however you will have to book. Also go for the last sitting as they seem to have a very strict 1.5 hours then-you-are-out policy. This would be annoying but the food is good and you get a great view
est. at Establishment on George St. perhaps one of the greatest restaurants in the world! Could not say enough about the quality of the food the service the ambiance. Extraordinary cuisine, great wine list. Totally professional and worth every penny. Booking imperative.
Breakfast Try the Gum Nut Cafe in The Rocks - great little place
Other names for Park Hyatt Sydney Hotel
- sydney hyatt
- park hyatt sydney
- hyatt sydney
- Address: 7 Hickson Road The Rocks - Sydney - New South Wales - 2000 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Park Hyatt Sydney Hotel
- Mercantile Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Old Sydney Holiday Inn Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Clarion Collection Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Russell Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Four Seasons Hotel Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Shangri la Hotel Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Quay Grand Suites Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Quay West Suites Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Observatory Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- InterContinental Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Establishment Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi