Novotel Century Sydney Hotel
Reviews - Novotel Century Sydney Hotel
Read 731 additional reviews of Novotel Century Sydney Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Sydney
Historical Traveller Reviews of Novotel Century Sydney Hotel
Nothing special herefrom georgieboy
After our stay I received my credit card statement only to find that they had charged me twice. On checking this it was found that they had booked me into two rooms, although I had only requested one. So I went from one booking to no booking to two bookings???? Very strange. I am now waiting for them to credit me the amount of the second room they had charged to me without my consent. The only positive thing this hotel has going for it is it's proximity to the Entertainment Centre, it is basically on the door step. We were very disappointed, I had read the previous reviews and had thought Oh well it is only for one night, never again!!!!
Never stay there again, waste of money and timefrom smith.expo
What a rip off!from Pyrodog
Picked the hotel becuase my partner and I were off to a show right next door and chose it for convenience. I think that is where the good experience ended.
Arrived late in the afternoon, approximately 5pm, and were unable to check in as the room was not cleaned. Got in half an hour later which wasn't too bad, some people waited longer.
We were advised that the hotel was quite busy that weekend and it may be a good idea not to use the hotels restaurant for dinner or breakfast as it would be too busy, and instead of checking out at 11am the next day, could we do it earlier to avoid the rush, otherwise we may be billed for another night.
The room was fine and the mattress was nice, however the bed was not made properly with the bottom sheet only covering the top half of the mattress.
The cables for the television were all unplugged and left hanging out of the cupboards. Didn't take much to put it all together, but did seem odd.
The bathroom was spacious but had lights blown and a couple of cracked tiles, and there didn't seem to be a way to just turn on some lights without turning on all the lights in the room, just in case you needed to get up through the night without waking the other half.
Checkout was relatively painless, however the hotels custom seems to be one of paying as you leave instead of when you arrive. This being the case, there was excess delay at checkout as everyone had to process payments instead of just returning the keys/cards and declaring any mini-bar attacks.
My partner and I had a discount card for this hotel chain, and even with the discount it certainly was not good value for money. There are much better places to stay in Sydney which are more affordable and better value for money.
Not very goodfrom Kirikiri
We arrived at about 7.30 am and got our room right away. No problems there. On first glance it looked very well.
Some of the staff were helpful, others were not. They were probably all doing their best, but there were quite a few glitches:
- On day 3 the maid removed 2 big towels and returned 1. I had to go fetch a towel for myself.
- I noticed some green stuff in the cornflakes container at breakfast. The waiter just scopped the green stuff out, in front of me, instead of taking the container away, throwing everything out and replacing it with fresh cornflakes.
- Our used room service tray was sitting in the corridor outside our room for a whole afternoon, without anyone picking it up.
- There was a nice swimming pool, but usually no towels. Or rather, someone had used the first 5 towels, and we had to call reception to get some new ones. Two mornings in a row.
- The night clerk didn't know how to log into Windows on the two internet computers in the lobby. Some other guest must have logged out of windows, not only the browser. He had no idea on what to do about it, and didn't check if there was any information available for the staff either.
- One morning, a tile fell out of the elevator ceiling and on to my foot. When my husband notified one of the staff at the reception desk, the staff member asked if they should call maintainance... Fortunately, the General Manager was a bit better at customer service, and asked if I needed ice and a doctor. The next General Manager on duty called our room and asked if everything was OK.
- One of the staff members in charge of organizing rental cars messed up our reservation by not following Avis's rules. We did eventually get the car, but the whole rental car procedure seemed to be very confusing for a lot of staff members.
All in all some things were good, but a few more were really bad. I wouldn't recomend anyone staying there, and am going to tell my travel agent about our stay.
Worse Hotel I ever stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
worst hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Terriblefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Also, why is it allowed to be called the Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour ??? There is NO view of Darling harbour.
d stay here again.from hellwolf
Even though we asked for a non-smoking room we were put in a smoking room. We had to call reception to get some towels sent up as the room didn't have any apart from the hand towels. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to get a good night's sleep, our room was on the third floor over the multi-lane road below. I found that the noise insulation was non-existant or inadequate as I had a very poor night's sleep due to the traffic below. On checking out, the staff member was a trainee and didn't know how to process our checkout since we had prepaid our stay. I then had to make several phone calls to get my frequent flyer points credited for this stay.
I must say that I did fill in the feedback form and I received a call from the hotel, however they didn't offer anything except saying that they were grateful for my feedback.
OK but nothing specialfrom bprawn
I would tend to agree with the comments - it is an OK hotel but nothing special.
I was not too bothered by the noise from the main junction but I was there over the holidays so it was probably quieter - I suspect that on a busy work day it could be a bit loud.
We didn't reallty use the facilities but the Pump House looked OK although constantly busy.
I found the location a bit of a pain (the far end of Darling Harbour) only because all the excursions I had booked (and the NYE restaurant) were at the Rocks or Circular Quay, a good 20 min - 1/2 hour walk away. I should have known better though as I used to live there - serves me right!
It was great to be so near the monorail though and using that takes 10 mins or so off the walk - great on a hot summer day.
Worth mentioning that our taxi driver also took us to the wrong Novotel!
Top Local Tips for Sydney
Dining at Sydney Tower If you want a nice meal at the Sydney Tower make sure you go to the restaurant proper. My friends and I went to the buffet as suggested by our concierge - it was the worst meal of the whole trip by far. We complained and got free drinks in the restaurant and were very disappointed that we hadn't eaten there. If you've got small kids then the buffet is probably great - but if you don't and don't like kids running around the tables then give it a miss.
SCG must see if a cricket fan. one of the most historic ground in the world ever!
The Red Explorer Bus Take advantage of this opportunity to see the city. The red bus is a hop-on hop-off explorer bus with the option of getting on or off at any of the many stops. The trip is narrated and gives some interesting background into the area travelled and the attractions at each stop. This pass also allows you to travel on the blue bus to Bondi Beach, as well as using the regular city buses and the ferries and some of the scenic cruises. The three day pass is the best value and it will be well used for a four or five day stay. It also has the option of using the express train from the airport to the stops nearest your hotel.
Other names for Novotel Century Sydney Hotel
- sydney novotel
- novotel sydney
- novotel hotel sydney
- Address: 17 Little Pier Street - Sydney - New South Wales - 2000 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Novotel Century Sydney Hotel
- Holiday Inn Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Quest On Dixon Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Capitol Square Hotel Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Medina Grand Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Ibis World Square Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Citigate Central Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Somerset Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Metro Hotel Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Marque Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Quality Hotel SC Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Hyde Park Inn Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Mantra on Kent Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Vulcan Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi