Star City Hotel & Apartments, Pyrmont
Reviews - Star City Hotel & Apartments
Read 219 additional reviews of Star City Hotel & Apartments at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Pyrmont
Historical Traveller Reviews of Star City Hotel & Apartments
Great hotel, great location, great viewsfrom theflyingtrader
The hotel is a complex, rooms, shops, bars, casino etc. The casino is not quite vegas but i liked it.
Go to the bar on the 17th (top) floor and sit outside the views over darling harbour and sydney are fantastic, especially at night, you can also see the harbour bridge from here.
Only ate once in one of the hotel restuarants (steak house) this was ok but there are so many in the harbour and beyond at better prices.
Great location as well, right in darling harbour where there are restuarants, bars, a club etc. You can walk to the rocks, circular quay in 20-30 mins but the ferry is only a 5 mins walk away that will take you there. (tip get a $15 aud day tripper ticket this lets you use the ferry, bus, trains all day) you buy these on the ferry and is a great way to see most of sydney for very little money.
I would stay at this hotel again for sure if i return to aus.
Fab Place to Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good - could be betterfrom astonmartinv8
Absolutely Fantasticfrom Angie-travel-junkie
Great hotelfrom wifeofanaussie
We arrived before check-in, therefore we couldn't get into our apartment and after a 24hr flight I needed a shower, they allowed me to go to the gym/swimming pool area where I could take one.
Within walking distance to Darling Harbour but needed to use the trains to get to other parts of the city ie Circular Quay.
The breakfast buffet should not be missed.
Even my mother who is extremely picky was pleased with Star City.
Would definetely recommend Star City as a place to stay.
Best deal in Sydney!from Beaujolais
Loved Star City Apartmentsfrom tinabtw
Nice and neat hotel.from jakiman
Checked in late around 4pm. Reception was nice and I received 2 card keys for a Deluxe Pyrmont View room on level 10. (whoa, didn't even ask for a better room. was pleasantly surprised.)
Went up to 10th floor, opened the door and went into our room. (can't remember the room number now.) Well, it's pretty much a standard hotel room layout with the bathroom to the right of the entry door and a short corridor into the main bedroom with a King sized bed, TV/Minibar shelf and a small sofa chair in the back corner.
Windows was large and there was a wall length area along the windows where it was cushioned so you can sit/lie down and this was a great touch to the room.
Bed was comfortable and there were 2 low and 2 high pillows.
Bath room was all marble with a combined shower/bathtub. Shower head was large and was not a water saving head meaning a good amount of water.
Hotel was quiet. The curtain made the room so dark during morning that I'll guarantee it'll make anyone sleep in late. I really want one for my room.
I didn't really get to do anything else in the hotel.
Just slept coz I was so tired and went to work next morning.
Overall, a nice little 5 star hotel atmosphere room with a great casino downstairs. But not worth it if you are paying full price of over $275.
So either go through wotif or have a voucher handy. =)
Problem-free experiencefrom Bahadir
Top Local Tips for Pyrmont
Things to do.. I'd recommend the Sydney Aquarium which is great as well as doing a Matilda boat cruise to and from Taronga Zoo which is fantastic and you get to see lots to and from the island including the Sydney Harbour bridge. I would also recommend dinner at the Sydney Tower revolving restaurant, we did the buffet and sat by the window at night. Views are unmatched although I wouldn't recommend it for people with a fear of heights, I'm not afraid of heights but the elevator ride up is quite unusual but well worth it!
Aquarium and Darling Harbour You could spend a day walking around Darling Harbour - the fish market (not just fish!) the aquarium and harbour cruises all very enjoyable. There is a playground there too for small kids and a wee train that goes around. Mono rail takes you from nowhere to nowhere and not worth it.
Darling Harbour If you visit Sydney, make sure you visit Darling Harbour! Its beautiful in the day and the night. Have a beautiful meal or cocktail overlooking the water.
Other names for Star City Hotel & Apartments
- star city sydney
- star city hotel sydney
- city star sydney
- Address: 80 Pyrmont Street - Pyrmont - New South Wales - 2009 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Star City Hotel & Apartments
- Novotel Sydney On Darling Harbour Hotel Pyrmont, New South Wales Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Medina Grand Harbourside Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Four Points by Sheraton Darling Harbour Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Somerset Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Mantra on Kent Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Grace Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Medina Grand Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Novotel Century Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Quest On Dixon Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Travelodge Wynyard Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The York Sydney Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney, New South Wales Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi