Rydges Capital Hill Hotel, Canberra
Reviews - Rydges Capital Hill Hotel
Read 234 additional reviews of Rydges Capital Hill Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Canberra
Historical Traveller Reviews of Rydges Capital Hill Hotel
Hotel is Close to Manuka Restaurants.........from tez823
The bar could be fantastic too but often has no-one attending and doesn't even have basic options like bitter lemon.
1. Unenthusiastic staff in all areas
2. Dated furniture in spacious rooms with updated soft furnishings to try and pretty it up. These rooms are big and have balconies - they could be GREAT but they're just not!
3. We have stayed here twice and in both instances the bathrooms had mould in showers and weren't terribly clean.
4. Cleanliness of rooms not up to scratch.
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us. We appreciate your feedback.
I was most dissapointed to read your comments in regards to unenthusiastic staff. We pride ourselves on providing 5 star customer service and it's something our regular guests have really come to love about Rydges Capital Hill. Please be assured your comments have been passed onto the team.
We are currently involved in a Rydges group wide revitalisation project which has seen us purchase new beds, glass work stations, ergonomic chairs, hairdryers, irons & ironing boards amongst other things. We plan to continue our upgrade.
I hope to be able to welcome you back next time you visit Canberra.
s ok..from q9rve
I would not recommend this hotel for business travelers, but I would recommend this for families with kids or teenagers/younger travelers whos' more on the adventurous side and doesn't really care about the hotel people being all over you. The rooms are not as bad as the other reviewers have mentioned. Like I said earlier, the only drawback of this hotel is service. They really need better management in this area.
I apologise that our porters were not available when you arrived at the hotel. The reception staff have been reminded that they should offer to mind luggage until the porters are free.
We believe we cater for both the corporate and leisure travellers.
Happy to stayfrom FrankRSydney
available form 6.30am -10.30am which allowed for a decent sleep in. The staff (Cherie) in particular was very helpful. Its a place I would definetly stay again
I am so glad you had such a wonderful time when you stayed with us!
I hope to see you again in the future.
This place is a dump- look at photosfrom MacDave
Here is what I didn't like:
-Ugly dated furniture covered in scratches (see photo)
-Cheap polyester bedding, with a hole in my sheet. Bad mattress.
-Dirty bathroom (see photo) with a variety of hair samples.
-Air conditioning had no thermostat and didn't work on a hot Canberra day. Couldn't open window either.
-Noisy road outside
-The "free parking" cost $10
-I've stayed in much better places in Canberra for much less and suggest others do likewise; this place is barely 3-stars and should cost much less.
Thankyou for your feedback and please accept my apologies for your less than satisfactory stay at Rydges Capital Hill.
I am pleased to advise the issue you raised regarding the bed & linen has been addressed with the hotel currently installing brand new beds & linen in every room.
I have also passed on your comments to our executive housekeeper to address the points made regarding the cleanliness of the bathroom.I assure you that your observations are given serious consideration.
I look foward to having the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Quite Nicefrom sdempsey
The hotel itself is ok and the rooms are of a reasonable standard.
The hotel is outside the city centre, though within a reasonable walking distance or short taxi ride away from some of the main tourist attractions in Canberra such as the parliament buildings.
The hotel is a short walk away from Manuka which is great for wining and dining.
Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Rydges Capital Hill Canberra.
It is pleasing to note your positive points regarding the hotels standard and it location and I greatly appreciate that you chose to stay with us at Rydges Capital Hill.
Thankyou agian for your feedback and i look foward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
old and tiredfrom norbham
The sofa bed was so bad that both kids had to share our bed. Four people on a bed is very uncomfortable. Furniture was okay 15 years ago but is now too old. TV did not work (had to fix it myself) and although they claimed that it included cable there was only a couple of stations
Breakfast was ok but will not go back
Firstly thankyou for taking the time to pass on your feedback from your recent stay at the hotel. Our gaol is to provide a satisfying experience to each of our guests but unfortunately in your case we were not sucessful in accomplishing this goal.
I have passed on your comments to my executive housekeeper to rectify the issues raised both regarding the sofa bed mattress and the television problems experienced during your stay.
I hope in the future you might be able to give the hotel another chance to replace the negative with a much more positive experience.
Thanks agian for your feedback.
Capital punishmentfrom FrequentFrier
Nice hotelfrom jakiman
I stayed here for 2 nights in August 2004.
I stayed in a room called Executive King Spa Suite and as I was an ambassador club member, it allowed me to stay for half the price of rack rate for this room which ended up being $130 per night!
The room had a 30cm or so split level which seperates the lounge area from the king sized bed which was on the upper floor. Nice touch which made the room look less plain. The full granite bathroom was excellent with a corner spa which was large enough for 2 tall people.
No complaints. Room was quiet and it had a a tiny balcony to at least look out the room even though there really wasn't any view. Room service was prompt and the food was nice as well.
I was hoping they provided a bathrobe but it wasn't the case.
Overall, if I go to Canberra again, I would stay in this hotel again except I might try the higher class rooms coz I'm curious how much better they will be. =)
Highly recommended hotel if you want an upper class hotel within Canberra.
For a Little Romantic Getawayfrom Wasabi
The room is huge - has a huge spa with the moon roof.
The room is clean . I cant find any coffee stain or smoke buff.
Service is OKay - We asked for the room ready at 11am .. we waited for 2 hours but the manager is very polite and offered us free drink
There are undercover free parking
Hotel also has a gym and an indoor swimming pool
Breakfast is good. With a selection of hot and cold dishes. A choices of 10 different teas.
Complementary newspaper at the door.
Not a bad hotel and certainly worth the money with the quality.
Not capital, just lower casefrom Pausanias
Top Local Tips for Canberra
Breakfast Stroll into Manuka Village and grab breakfast at one of the great cafes in the central restaurant district.
Manuka Restaurants Definitely recommend the 5 minute walk to the Manuka restaurant district for a great meal any time of day to suit all tastes.
Other names for Rydges Capital Hill Hotel
- rydges capital hill hotel canberra
- canberra rydges capital hill
- Address: Cnr Canberra Ave & National Circuit - Canberra - Australian Capital Territory - 2603 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Rydges Capital Hill Hotel
- Brassey of Canberra Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Best Western Motel Monaro Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Hotel Heritage Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Best Western Garden City Motel Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- University House Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Crowne Plaza Canberra Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.6 km / 2.3 mi
- Waldorf Apartment Hotel Canberra Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Canberra City Accommodation Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Hyatt Hotel of Canberra Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Best Western Sundown Motel Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Novotel Canberra Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Medina Executive James Court Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Olims Canberra Hotel Canberra, New South Wales Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Mantra on Northbourne Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 4.6 km / 2.8 mi
- Quality Hotel Woden Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi