Crowne Plaza Canberra Hotel
Reviews - Crowne Plaza Canberra Hotel
Read 311 additional reviews of Crowne Plaza Canberra Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Canberra
Historical Traveller Reviews of Crowne Plaza Canberra Hotel
First Choicefrom booker1
Fantastic servicefrom Mr-Smithkline
Everytime I have stayed there the staff make me feel completely at home. They always remember all the things that I like so that they're readily available for my next visit. The staff are also very friendly and helpful and go to great lengths to satisfy my needs.
Very dated and overated.from Alby1
We’re excited about the new look we will officially unveil in August, but until then we’re staging the works to make sure our other guests are unaffected.
From 8 March and during regular business hours, we’ll be renovating one floor at a time. There won’t be any structural works taking place, so you won’t even know the refurbishment team is there.
Features of the newly refurbished rooms include LCD televisions, ergonomic leather desk chairs, day and night blinds, chaise lounges, room service tables, large work areas, queen size beds replaced with king size beds and a change in layout.
If you have any questions at all regarding our refurbishment programme please don’t hesitate to contact me on 02 6274 5502 or via email@example.com.
Director of Sales & Marketing
t stay herefrom Travelling_for_work
What a D-U-M-Pfrom S6blr
Awesome Bar!from A TripAdvisor Member
The staff are friendly and make fantastic cocktails. I recommend for anyone who is looking for a contemporary cool place to drink where you are not overrun by smokers and crazy drunks. It is chilled and unique enviroment which I can't fault.
Not a redeeming feature to be foundfrom Charade_8
The food in room service was inedible, the sheets on the bed, torn!! I can promise you they were.
You are promised Park Views and end up with a tired old worn room overlooking a construction site, I feel all in all an utter disgrace and I can only assume that anything good found on trip advisor about this tired old hotel would have to be written from someone who did not stay there.
The staff are rude and indifferent, are they really "service industry people" the beds hard and old, the bathroom so small and worn, why on earth would anyone in 2006 wish to stay at this place when there are wonderful Hotels and Motels to found anywhere and everywhere.
Even the breakfast of poached eggs and tomatoes and goodness knows what else was a disgrace and the wrong order came anyway. we could not eat it, the room service dinner was just as bad.. JUST A MISERABLE PLACE . CROWN PLAZA whoever is looking after you should be ashamed.
Give It A Missfrom seaspray38
We were told we'd have a park view & it was half park / half car park. The furnishings were terrible & the bathroom was a disgrace - small, old, patched up repairs all over. Also, you could hear every noise that was made in there & as my partner came down with food poisoning, it was not a pleasant experience.
We ended up only staying for one night, although we had booked for four. This hotel was really disappointing & we wouldn't recommend it to anyone apart from business travellers on a budget who where only going to use their room for sleeping & a shower. I'm sure their are better in Canberra.
Note: When you are paying for a park view, it would be nice if the windows were clean & not covered with giant cobwebs.
4* prices for 2.5* servicefrom FoxsmumMelbourne
The rooms are clean and a good size. They just do not clean them while you are there! Of the 5 nights we stayed, 4 days after 1600 hours I had to call housekeeping and ask for the room to be cleaned!!! They do not have "please clean my room" door labels - maybe this is the problem? On the one day our room was cleaned, I specifically went to the front desk before 7am and requested the room be cleaned before 2pm as I needed to use the room then. Shocking. The very basic "sorry" after 4 nights of this was inadequate and I felt some sort of compensation should have been offered.
The buffet breakfast is good but very pricey at $28 unless included in your room rate.
Would not stay here again in a hurry unless there was no other option close to the area (and there are!).
Top Local Tips for Canberra
Dinner at VAscos If you have young children (3-12yrs) This place has an excellent kids menu with some activites for the kids, colouring in etc.The adult menu is also very good.
Getting around/Where to stay Hire a car as the public transport is expensive and hard to find and not very helpful. Recommend to stay out of the city in one of the hotels in the suburbs as it is easier and closer to most attractions
Parliment house A must do. An interesting building and great tour provided for free! Great view of Canberra city. A nice walk from the city center through the park and lake.
Other names for Crowne Plaza Canberra Hotel
- crowne plaza canberra
- canberra crowne plaza
- Address: 1 Binara Street Canberra City - Canberra - Australian Capital Territory - 2601 - Australia
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Crowne Plaza Canberra Hotel
- Waldorf Apartment Hotel Canberra Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Canberra City Accommodation Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Novotel Canberra Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Medina Executive James Court Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Mantra on Northbourne Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Olims Canberra Hotel Canberra, New South Wales Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- University House Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Pavilion on Northbourne Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Best Western Tall Trees Motel Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Quality Hotel Dickson Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Brassey of Canberra Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Canberra Motor Village Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Best Western Parklands Apartment Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Best Western Motel Monaro Hotel Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi