Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort Hotel
Reviews - Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort Hotel
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Young Couple
- Age Group:
- Traveller type:
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort Hotel
best hol everfrom A TripAdvisor Member
experince than most of hotels can honestly say without doubt one of the best hotels ive ever stayed in. the staff are fantastic nothing to much trouble and always cheerful and happy.All aspects of the hotel were fantastic the quality of the hilton chain without the high prices.
no hesitation of returning and after talking to other guests eveyone seems to feel the same all hoping to return next year if not before.
without doubt the best holiday ive ever been on. my wife and 2 daughters aged 9 and 4 agreed.
well done to the hilton fayrouz your doing a fantastic job!!!!!!.
The Hilton Fayrouz is wonderfulfrom MAryMcKenna60
Great place!from JHTS
The Fayrouz is mainly a bungalow style resort set in a very large and a gorgeous garden.
As all others have said.... the staff of the Fayrouz are incredible. Each and all do their tasks (and much more) to a degree of perfection and with an attention to service that I have never experienced elsewhere (and I have stayed at numerous "5*" hotels). Extremely friendly. I couldnt think of one thing that they could have done better.
The buildings themselves are "maybe" a little tired and though the buildings and rooms are kepts spotlessly clean they need a gentle "20 year service" to them. However, since you are more likely to be outdoors or in the gardens, you, rightly, overlook this fact immediately; I becomes a non issue.
Will go back for sure.
PS - one last thing... Whilst the minibar is relatively cheap, if you fell like a glass of wine from the minibar..... buy your own bottle(s) from the airport before going to Egypt. Egyptian white wine is an absolutely diabolical beverage that I would not serve to anyone; friend or foe. The red is just about fit for human consumption (it gets easier if you have already had a drink) and the rose lands inbetween the two.
I will be backfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Best beach hotel in Sharmfrom cwillis18
fantastic beach, by far the best in Naama Bay, the other ebaches are very very crowded by comparison.
Great rooms, a little dated but very clean efficient AirCon, we ahd a room right by the main pool, very good indeed.
Quite a few bars do happy hour between 5-7 so you can have a cheap drink after your day sunbathing/diving/snorkelling, then go back to the room wash and brush up and hey presto, you're ready for the Camel Bar!Beware the price of bottled water, 3 egyptian in the litle shop in the Hotels Mall, 11 egyptian from the beach bar. Walk 20 yrds and save a fortune...
We'd go back though, in fact we are in November! Enjoy.
We felt safe and we were three girls all alone in a new country. Its true, you never see any women, but the men were not at all that bad towards us, we did dress decently and they were quite respectable, obviously you do get hounded and asked for ur number etc, but the lines they come out with were hilarious and we took it with a pinch of salt. we had a fantastic time doing the water activities and i recommend snorkelling at Ras Mohamed and diving is a must! brilliant but scary, we were not strong swimmers but the guides really do take care of beginners!
s the plus pointsfrom Avers
1. It has possibly the largest chunk of Naama bay beach's, actual sandy beach front allocated to it of any single hotel. This means if you want a sun lounger you can lounge on rather than sitting in the virtual lap of a complete stranger - then this is the place for you. The beach is policed and it's guests only so no interlopers. The sand is real, clean and soft. No hard man made nonsense here.
2. The beach bar, room service and mini bar is so cheap that you can tuck in without fear of running up a bill the size of a small countries national debt. Lunch for 2, either at the beach bar or in your room as room service, was only working out between £4-£9 for two of us.
3. They keep it clean and they're very friendly. Not much trouble with the russians, and so many loungers that all you had to worry about was how far across the hot hot hot sand you'd need to dash to hit the cool blue water!
4. Red sea banner angel fish swimming around you ankles. Spotted rays, red sea rays, great big eels, grouper, trigger fish etc etc (need I go on), all available from chest height (I am just 5ft 3")
And the down points...
1. Well it would be fair to say that the bathrooms were a little tired, but we are not talking bad, just not boutique hotel like. Contrast this with the rooms though where all is marble, adequately roomy and super clean. (not to mention; Towel sculptures by the room service department ad flowers on your pillow every day)
2. Sadly the coral immediately in front of the hotel is not being looked after. Oddly (i thought) the worst for respecting it were the significant contingent of the Egyptians themselves. By far and away they were the worst for wantonly clambering over the delicate corals and pulling bits off. They really didn't care about it at all! Expect the stuff (formerly the Reef) at ankle and waist depth therefore to be a bleached and dying reminder of better days. Sad really
3. No proper bacon at breakfast.... killer
All in all it's a good place and I got there through Explorers diving hols who did a superb deal. I am sure there is better in terms of exact room specs etc, but if you just want to be as near to as much beach as possible and not rammed in like a sardine, you'll find this place right at home
Good hotel good location but..from Arzu
It is a very small but efficient hotel. The rooms needs updating especially the bathrooms but they are well kepted by the housekeeping. Sharm in general and the hotels in there are very western and you do not feel very much you are in a foreign country. You only feel it when you get out of the hotel where hassling starts along the shops.
The gardens are nice and tidy.
You can reach the beach after a promanade that goes in front of the hotel. It is a private beach but situated along all the public and other hotel beaches alongside. So you can walk through to the other beaches next to you as well as other people can walk along in Hilton`s. There are security guards in the beach but no one gets checked and anyone can walk in so be careful with your belongings there.
The sea was nice and cool. The weather was good app. 28C everyday but was cloudy and dark for 2 days and when it gets like this you can find hundreds of huge jellyfishes in the sea and on the beach!
The beach bar is situated right in front of the promanade so when you sip your coctail in Happy Hour (5-7 pm) you can watch people going by at all the hours. Just be careful with glasses there they are not very clean.
There are 2 small pools in the hotel but most of the people prefer the beach so they do not get busy. The beach gets busy early in the morning especially with the guests of Hilton Sharms Dream as they do not have a beach at their hotel so you have to get up soon!
The staff is nice and friendly but their English is not well enough when there is a problem. We tried to explain the same problem at least 5 of them for half an hour but yet they could not understand.
We went there on the basis of B&B but the hotel offered us HB with a price of as little as 75 Egyptian Pounds. You can have open buffet in the main restaurant and the Italian. We liked Italian most altough the main restaurant (el Wadi) has themed buffest everyday. The food was not very tasteful there unfortunately.
The other downside of the hotel in fact of in all Egypt they add too many taxes into your bill like government tax, council tax, stamp tax etc..
We had a glass bottom trip for an 1 hour for 55 EP. It was well worth and nice.
As a last word take your caution for the mosquitos! They are especially in the rooms!!
Fab Hotel and Locationfrom JKW101
Staff were great and genuinely wanted you to have a good holiday. Food in the main restaurant got a bit repitive (although it was a buffet with a lot of dishes on offer), but the Italian and Fish restaurants on site offered a good alternative.
We would return - and we don't often say that!
First classfrom CarlaJGamble
It is the first time ever that I have wanted to take the bed from my hotel room home - Super King and really comfy! Rooms were fantastic, well furnished and a decent size.
Location is really good, just a short walk from Namma Bays restuarants, Bars etc.
Private beach is lovely, snorkelling good.
Would reccommend this hotel.
Top Local Tips for Sharm El Sheikh
town centre people ask you to visit there shop or "give you a free present". My advice would be just don't stop walking. carry on walking and just say hello if they say hello. never stop for chat.
Hotel Pick Up Services Ask the hotel to arrange a car to pick you up from the airport and take you back. The Fayrouz have their own drivers and cars which are really nice a lot better than looking for a taxi and haggling over the cost.
Beach location Hilton Fayrouz has the most extensive private beach which is well serviced and conveniently located for water sports, good swimming etc. Some of the larger hotels have much smaller beaches for two to three times the guest numbers.
Other names for Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort Hotel
- sharm el-sheikh hilton
- sharm el sheikh hilton
- hilton sharm el-sheikh
- hilton sharm el sheikh
- hilton sharm
- hilton fayrouz
- Address: Main St. - Sharm El Sheikh - Egypt
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort Hotel
- Tropicana Jasmine Club Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Rosetta Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Oriental Rivoli Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Marriott Sharm el Sheikh Resort Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 7.6 km / 4.7 mi
- Sonesta Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Ghazala Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Sonesta Club Sharm El Sheikh - Naama Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Movenpick Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Camel Hotel & Dive Club Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Iberotel Lido Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
- Helnan Marina Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Sofitel Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 8.4 km / 5.2 mi
- Eden Rock Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Ocean Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Noria Resort Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi