Hilton Cairo Nile Hotel
Reviews - Hilton Cairo Nile Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 139 additional reviews of Hilton Cairo Nile Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Cairo
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Cairo Nile Hotel
Better than anticipatedfrom pisapie
We would heartily recommend the Nile Hilton as providing all this.
It has THE prime Cairo location; a superb breakfast buffet including Egyptian and Western selections (the best of our trip) enhanced by stunning Nile views; large, clean rooms with great balcony views (ours was of the Egyptian Museum, 2 minutes walk from the hotel); and offers--if you know where to look--sunset views of the Pyramids, albeit at a great distance.
Rather than the usual generic (and synthetic) bedspreads and furnishings, we embraced the Egyptian motif of the room from its drapes and cotton bedspreads and headboard, to the details on the real wooden furniture and the lotus-bordered carpeting in public floor areas. These are not brand new, but are well-maintained and unique. A charming "arabic" style lattice divider separated the bed area from the bathroom/dressing area.
The bathroom had all the amenities you would expect at a Hilton: oversized bath towels and lotions, shampoos, nail files, shoe buffers, and slippers were available.
The balcony was large, private, and included very comfortable chairs (with cushions stowed in the closet) and a table. It was actually warm enough in December to sit outside and enjoy the lights on the Egyptian Musuem and of Cairo at night.
Yes, if you want to find fault with the age of the hotel, you can. It's not brand new. If you actively look for it, you can find little pieces of the bathroom wallpaper separating from the plaster...slightly. That said, the bathroom fixtures were new and the marble real, the shower great.
Room service was prompt and all staff were courteous. Although we went during what appeared to be low-season in Egypt, I believe we would have enjoyed the same quality of service no matter when we'd visit. The only negative was the stocking/restocking of the mini-bar, which was true in all the hotels we stayed in on our trip--incomplete to start and not replenished during our stay.
Someone important, or at least wealthy, must have been staying on our floor--the second day through the end of our stay there were a couple plain-clothed men constantly stationed in the elevator area.
We stayed at several new hotels on our trip, including the Luxor Le Meridien and Petra's Moevenpick, and this hotel did not rate significantly less on any terms.
During our visit we read in the local English-language newspaper that Hilton is planning to upgrade this hotel and make it the most expensive hotel in Cairo. With its rich history of entertaining dignitaries from around the world and its most excellent location (Cairo is spread out and cabs are cheap and required to get to and from locations, negotiate price before opening the door), this hotel will soon be out of reach of most of us. Don't hesitate to stay here and enjoy the views, the food, and the rooms.
Ok, but rooms need an updatefrom vegaslover73
Great Hotel but get a high floorfrom y92mike
The hotel is very clean and tidy, the staff are very well trained and helpfull.
One thing to watch out for is that the hotel consists of 2 towers, one with 3 floors and one with 12 floors. Stay in the high tower, tell reception you are a photographer so you need a high floor.
The small tower room was noisey and well worn. Some of the electrical plugs had come off the wall.
The main tower was a much higher standard and did not have any problems with noise.
We payed a bit more money for a tour of the Pyramids with Maharba Tours they were excellent, the guide really knew his stuff.
Extremely Noisy -- Irritating Hotelfrom rrrrrrrrrrrrr
loved it! pricy but best location in townfrom esme_posslethwaite
You don't get the quirkiness and egyptian ness of smaller cheaper hotels but that is all around you the minute you set foot outside.
It's nice to have fab and comfy clean rooms 24 hour room service, satellite tv and all mod cons
good service and the staff really go out of their way to help
The location is slap bang in the cenre of town and the scary traffic!
A bit dated, but great location.from BanaPona
Pretty impressedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I stayed here for 3 nights then moved on to Luxor and Aswan and couldn't help comparing the level of service at each subsequent hotel on the service provided at the Hilton.
I booked a Nile view room and having had a quick check out the City view side I'm very glad I did, there is a major buidling site behind the hotel and the dust etc was blowing onto the rear facing balconies.
Best aspects of the hotel were the above average and friendly service, the gym and the pool.
The pool is massive with a great grassed area surrounding it and very helpful pool staff who drag lounge chairs after you and provide you with an ice bucket to keep your drinks icy (a nice touch and not one I saw again in Egypt after staying at the Hilton).
Overall fairly impressed. One point I would note is that my rate did not include breakfast. Not a massive issue since there are lots of great cafes outside but since they do not open until around 10am it means that if you are setting off on an early tour you have to fork out quite a lot for the rip-off Hilton breakfast (which would not be a rip-off if part of your package).
Perfect Location, Nice Restaurants, Reliable Hilton Qualityfrom usflyer
- Hotel is probably one of the BEST LOCATIONS in Cairo. Sitting right on the Nile with beautiful views of the river and the city. Right next door (5 minute walk) to the famous Egyptian Museum. Grounds were well secured and safe.
- Staff were consistently friendly and helpful. I happened to be there on my birthday and the clerk, followed by the manager personally stopped to welcome me and wish me happy birthday. Then, they delivered a huge chocolate gourmet cake to my room as a birthday cake (for free). Now that is customer service.
- As a Gold HHonors member, I was upgraded to a Nile View room. Nothing much nicer than watching the sunrise/sunset on the Nile.
- Breakfast was very nice and the freshly squeezed fruit juices (especially Mango) were delicious!
- Rooftop bar is an enjoyable place to have a few drinks. For normal US drink prices (about $6 each), we could sit on the roof of the building and watch the World Cup matches on a giant projector screen. They also had nice DLP televisions set-up on the side. The view from up there was amazing.
- Laundry service was on-time and well done.
- Bed was comfortable and room well-cleaned. Shoes were nicely polished too.
- Executive Lounge had a nice selection of drinks and snacks.
- The "meet and greet" service from the airport was only $30 and included a guide to speed the process through customs and a taxi ride to the hotel. Worth the money.
- Bathroom products were really cheap and low quality - like from Comfort Inn.
- Bathroom design was small and outdated - I couldn't move around in the shower without sticking to the curtain and getting water on the floor.
- My room was starting to show its age a little, and my co-workers mentioned the same thing. For example, the TV is an old 21 inch thing that I couldn't see all the way across the room.
- Watch out for the service charges. The taxes/service charges on my $100 room were $26.00 per night!!
Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would recommend it based on the location alone. However, the staff are great and this is a nice Hilton.
- ONE TIP I would leave is this = Watch out for people coming up to "help" you, give you advice, noticing you as an "American", or saying they just saw you "in the hotel." We were duped 3 times by these scams before catching on to the pattern. They will guide you to their shop (with a free "friendly" drink) where they apply high pressure sales to get you to buy overpriced perfumes, papyrus papers, and pictures.
Wonderful experience - lovely hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We were greeted with a welcome drink at check in - and everything was very nice.
The view from our 12th floor room was awesome. Cairo was an experience, but the Hilton Nile was lovely!
This is a bad hotelfrom jorge_v
3. 3 hours to deliver luggage to room
On the plus side, the restaurants serve edible food.
This is a large impersonal tourist hotel that needs operating and physical upgrades
Top Local Tips for Cairo
Driving Unless you have a really stout heart, dont bother driving yourself in Cairo. You will see what I mean when you get there, the traffic is unorganised chaos, no lane discipline and every car you see has battle damage. Accidents are a daily way of life so if you are silly enough to hire a car get yourself very well insured. Better still, just hire a local taxi driver for about $40 a day and he will take you anywhere, sit and wait for you day or night and most of them will be a tour guide for you as well.
Taxis The easiest way to get around Cairo is by taxi. You can ask your hotel to call a normal taxi for you or a "limousine" taxi (a nicer taxi). You should make sure you negotiate the price of the ride before setting off, as there are no fixed rates. Taxi drivers are out to make money from tourists and will charge you outrageous rates if you're not careful. It is normal for taxi drivers to propose to take you somewhere and then wait for you. If you are going to agree to this, make sure that you've also agreed on the rates you will pay in the end. Check with the front desk of the hotel to know what are the normal rates so you don't get ripped off. While in Cairo, I hired taxis for a half a day or a day and visited most sites with a single driver. I would recommend this, as it makes getting around much easier.
Taxi Do not pick up a Taxi from outside your hotel, not only will you pay 3x going rate but they will try to take you on tours and expensive shopping trips. Pay about 5 Egyptian pounds per mile (50p) and if you have a guilty conciouse give the money to charity or somone you see in need!!
Other names for Hilton Cairo Nile Hotel
- nile hotel cairo
- nile hilton cairo
- nile hilton
- hilton cairo
- cairo hilton
- Address: Tahrir Square - Cairo - 12344 - Egypt
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Cairo Nile Hotel
- Safir Suites Hotel Zamalek Cairo, Egypt Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- El Hussein Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Longchamps Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Horus House Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Golden Tulip Flamenco Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Marriott Cairo Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Sofitel le Sphinx Cairo Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 11.8 km / 7.3 mi
- Bostan Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 21.4 km / 13.3 mi
- Invitation Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- The Karvin Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Conrad International Cairo Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Fairmont Cairo, Nile City Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Windsor Hotel Cairo Cairo, Egypt Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Talisman Hotel de Charme Cairo, Egypt Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- City View Hotel Cairo, Egypt Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi