Top Destinations in Scotland
- Isle of Skye
- Fort William
- St. Andrews
Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland and filled with beauty and steeped in history. There's Edinburgh Castle set high upon Castle Rock from where the view of the city below is breathtaking. Nearby is the Palace of Holyroodhouse which is open to the public. Take a stroll through the beautiful Royal Botanical Gardens or walk up Calton hill at the end of Princess Street, where you have a view of the castle, Holyrood Palance, Arthur's Seat, the Firth of Forth, New Town and the entire length of Princes St.
Glasgow - a fine example of a great Victorian city. Filled with museums and galleries, Glasgow Cathedral is the oldest building and now serves as a wonderful museum. Glasgow has some of the finest architecture in Britain and hosts a variety of cultural events and attractions. The city spreads out on both sides of the River Clyde and is the largest city in Scotland.
Loch Ness - The highland area of Scotland features the famous Loch Ness. The lake is home to the alleged Loch Ness monster. The picturesque highland area also features a vast expanse of mountains, valleys, and other scenic lakes.
In the warmer months, the beauty of the highlands are known for their unspoilt, wild beauty. There are plenty of walks and trails where you can take in the beauty and peace of the rivers, lakes and mountains.
Glasgow has a very modern underground railway system. For the rest of the country both the rail and coach services are extremely efficient.
National festival and holidays
Scotland hosts two of the world's, premier arts festivals, the Edinburgh International Festival (the world's largest arts festival), and Glasgow's Mayfest.
- Chauffeur Driven Edinburgh City Tour
- Da Vinci Code Rosslyn Chapel & Distillery Chauffeur Driven Tour
- Scotch Whisky Tour to the Highlands
- Edinburgh And The Highlands Travel To Scotland By Train
- Freedom of Scotland
- Haunted Tour of Scotland
- Edinburgh & Highlands Hogmanay New Year 4 Days
- Day Tour to Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond
- Islay Whisky Adventure Tour Scotland
- Speyside Whisky and Loch Ness Tour Scotland
- Scottish Highlands and Whisky Day Tour
- Glasgow City Centre Walking Tour
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery Tour & Lunch
- Haunting Glencoe & Loch Ness & the Highlands
- Loch Lomond The Trossachs & Stirling Castle
- Isle of Skye Explorer Tour
- 2 Day Isle of Skye Explorer Tour
- Tour Loch Ness Inverness and the Highlands of Scotland
- Outer Hebrides Tour Package
- 3 Day Isle of Skye Tour Package
- The Great Hebridean Tour of Skye Harris and Lewis
- The Hebridean Explorer Private Tours
- Loch Visions wildlife and photography experience
- Oban Town & Easdale
- Isle of Mull and Iona
- Walking Town Tour of Oban
- Inveraray and Loch Awe
- Glenfinnan and Loch Ness
- Kilmartin Glen and Glencoe
- Isle of Skye
- Isle of Bute
- Isle of Mull and Tobermory
- Exclusive 10 day Tour of The West Coast of Scotland
- Exclusive 7 day Tour of The West Coast of Scotland
- Climbing and Mountaineering in the Scottish Highlands
- Golf Made Simple in Scotland Championship Golf Tour 2007
- Barony Castle Ghost Hunt
- Orkney Island Tour
Recent Scotland Travelogue
Scotland: highlights of a recent visit
My wife and I visited Scotland and Northern Ireland in early June 1994. We rented a car in each place and more or less let the itinerary evolve with the weather and our mood. Our main interests were seeing the countryside and... read more
See all Scotland Travelogues
Know a thing or two about Scotland ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red