Saas Fee Travel Guide
Saas Fee Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Brig
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1800m
- Ski Season: December - April
- Mountain Range: Wallis
- Number of Lifts: 22
- Highest Lift (metres): 3600m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1800m
- Number of Slopes: 35
- Snowboarding: yes: park
- Cross Country (km): 8km
Saas Fee Ski Information
Saas Fee has a few other attractions for the days when you feel like taking a break from skiing. A good place to start sightseeing is the Saas Museum, which has a wide variety of exhibits about the history of the Saas Valley. Another museum worth checking out is the Bakery Museum, which exhibits the history of Swiss baking. There are also guided tours of the villages in the Saas Valley on offer, which are recommended for first time visitors. Another excellent choce is to take a horse carriage ride through the beautiful surrouding landscape.
- Languages: German French Italian Romansch
- Temperatures: 6°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: Police: 117
- Population: 5500
- Religion: 49% Roman Catholic 48% Protestant
- Check the weather
The Apres Ski scen in Saas Fee is relatively quiet, with a limited nightlife. There are a couple of nightclubs and a few bars, which all provide a lively and fun evening out. A wide range of shops are available that sell almost anything you need, as well as offer equipment rentals There are a wide variety of restaurants in town, which serve a range of traditional and international cuisine. Other activities on offer, include a sports centre and a gym; a swimming pool; an ice rink; and a sauna.
Saas Fee is known as the Pearl of the Alps and has some of the most amazing scenery anywhere in the Alps, from 4000m peaks to a range of beautiful glaciers. Most of the runs are best suited for beginners and intermediates, with a few good off-piste and black runs for experts. There is an excellent school for snow boarders, as well as a good park. Saas Fee is the official training centre for the Professional Snowboarding Association. The Mittelallin glacier is connected to Saas Fee by an underground railway and provides excellent skiing conditions in summer. The resort has retained much of its traditional charm and is free of traffic. The Apres Ski scene is pretty good, although a little limited. There are also many non-ski activities on offer, for those who want to take a break from skiing.
Saas Fee Attractions
- Allalin Hotel 40 Kirchstrasse Saas Fee 30 Rooms
- Wellnesshotel Schweizerhof Hotel 123 Schweizerhof Rd Saas Fee 41 Rooms
- Golfhotel Saaserhof Hotel Hohestiege Saas Fee 46 Rooms
- Best Western Hotel Metropol Grand Hotel P O Box 23, Saas Fee 52 Rooms
- Ferienart Resort and Spa Hotel Am Biel Saas Fee 83 Rooms
- More Saas Fee Hotels
Know a thing or two about Saas Fee ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red