Pontresina Travel Guide
Pontresina Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Chur Silvaplana Celerina
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1800m
- Ski Season: December - April
- Mountain Range: Bernina
- Number of Lifts: 24
- Highest Lift (metres): 3300m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1700m
- Number of Slopes: 47
- Snowboarding: yes: park and half-pipe
- Cross Country (km): 85km
Pontresina Ski Information
There are a few other attractions in and near Pontresina that are worth checking out when you're not in the mood to do some skiing. A good place to start is the Museum of the Alps, which houses exhibitions on the development of tourism; hunting; wildlife; the Alps; and the history of the people living in the Alps. Another sight worth checking out is the small Santa Maria mountain church, which dates back to the 13th century. Guided tours of Pontresina are also on offer and are highly recommended for first time visitors, the tours take you through the villages to see all the historic buildings and attractions.
- Languages: German French Italian Romansch
- Temperatures: 5°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: Police: 117
- Population: 1960
- Religion: 49% Roman Catholic 48% Protestant
- Check the weather
Pontresina is a little more laid back than some of the other Swiss ski resorts, and has a slightly quieter Apres Ski scene The nightlife is lively, but a bit limited with most of it being based in the hotels, and only a few bars There are a wide range of excellent restaurants that serve local and international cuisine. Other non-ski activities on offer include an indoor swimming pool; a sauna; an ice rink; a children's play park; and hiking trails for the more adventurous.
Pontresina is situated in the highest-altitude valley near the Upper Engadine, and is protected from the wind with beautiful sunny views and is surrounded by dense woods. There are a good variety of runs, with plenty of on-pistes for beginners and intermediates, as well as some excellent off-pistes and black runs for experts and snow boarders. The village itself is a traditional Alpine village that retains much of its old charm. The Apres Ski Scene is a little on the quiet side, with most of the nightlife being restaurant; bar; and hotel based. This is a great place for the whole family to have an unforgettable ski holiday.
- Schweizerhof Hotel 7 Bahnhofplatz Pontresina 115 Rooms
- Grand Hotel Kronenhof Via Maistra Pontresina 83 Rooms
- Rosatsch Stammhaus Hotel 71 Via Maistra Pontresina 41 Rooms
- Muller Chesa Mandra Hotel 100 Via Maistra Pontresina 37 Rooms
- Steinbock Hotel 146 Landstrasse Pontresina 34 Rooms
- More Pontresina Hotels
Know a thing or two about Pontresina ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red