Engelberg Travel Guide
Engelberg Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Lucerne
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1050m
- Ski Season: November - May
- Mountain Range: Titlis Mountain
- Number of Lifts: 27
- Highest Lift (metres): 3020m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1050m
- Number of Slopes: 28
- Snowboarding: yes: park and half-pipe
- Cross Country (km): 41km
Engelberg Ski Information
Engelberg has many activities on offer for those who feel like taking a break from skiing. Some of the cultural sightseeing highlights include the Valley Museum, which has a range of exhibits on the history of life in the valley; the Benedictine Monastery, which dates back to 1120; the Cheese Factory; and the Manor house. For those who are looking for an adventure hang gliding and paragliding are also on offer.
- Languages: German French Italian Romansch
- Temperatures: 5.4°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: Police: 117
- Population: 3500
- Religion: 49% Roman Catholic 48% Protestant
- Check the weather
The lively and fun Apres Ski scene in Engelberg offers a wide range of shopping opportunities, as well as a sports centre and gym; a swimming pool; an ice rink; and a sauna. The nightlife in Engelberg is a bit limited, but both lively and fun. There are a few bars and nightclubs, the pick of which are Birl Alp; Engel Pub; and Spindle Bar. There are also a number of excellent restaurants that serve a wide range of local and international cuisine, some to try out are Rosti Haus; Hotel Engel; and Banklialp.
Engelberg is a beautiful and traditional Alpine village, which has remained largely unspoilt. It is quite isolated and isn't linked to any other resorts, which is great if you're looking for a skiing holiday away from all the crowds. Engelberg has 82km of marked pistes and also has one of the biggest vertical descents in the world at 2000m. The on piste skiing is main for intermediates, with only limited choices for beginners. Experts have some of the best off-piste options, especially the Laub fulfils. The Apres Ski scene is a little limited, but still lively and a whole lot of fun. There are also a number of non-skiing activities on offer.
- Sunnmatt Hotel 1 Alpenstrasse Engelberg 16 Rooms
- Bellevue Terminus Hotel Bahnhofplatz Engelberg 80 Rooms
- Sporthotel Eienwaldli Hotel 108 Wasserfallstrasse Engelberg 20 Rooms
- Hostatt Hotel 22 Schweizerhausstrasse Engelberg 12 Rooms
- Spannort Hotel 28 Dorfstrasse Engelberg 13 Rooms
- More Engelberg Hotels
Know a thing or two about Engelberg ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red