Adelboden Travel Guide
Adelboden Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Gstaad
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1353m
- Ski Season: December - April
- Mountain Range: Wildstrubel
- Number of Lifts: 29
- Highest Lift (metres): 2345m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1070m
- Number of Slopes: 70
- Snowboarding: yes: park and half-pipe
- Cross Country (km): 25km
Adelboden Ski Information
If you feel like taking a break from skiing there are a few other attractions near the resort. The Adelboden Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the resort and the Engstligen Valley, with many interesting displays on the folklore and life in the valley. If you want to do some sightseeing, the Adelboden Village Church is a good place to start. The church dates back to 1433 and remains largely unchanged, the stained glass windows made by Augusto Giacometti are beautiful. The Engstligen waterfalls are also well worth the trip out of the village, and at 600m long, are the second largest waterfalls in Switzerland.
- Languages: German French Italian Romansch
- Temperatures: 5.2°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: Police: 117
- Population: 3650
- Religion: 49% Roman Catholic 48% Protestant
- Check the weather
The Apres Ski scene is on the quiet side, one of the best places to check out is the Arte Bar, which is a trendy wine bar in the centre of the village. They have a great selection of wines, and it is frequented by the over 30s crowd. If you're looking for a something more lively, the Disco is youre best bet. This is the place where the younger crowd get together to have some fun and dance. You could also try out one of the hotels in the village, the Hotel Crystal is one of the most popular. It has an excellent restaurant; a cozy bar with pool tables and other games.
The Adelboden ski resort is is a great choice for unspoilt ski holiday in a beautiful Swiss village, lined with old chalets at the foot of the Wildstrubel mountain. The extensive ski area consists of 5 domains, three of which are lift-accessed from the village and the other two are reached by an efficient bus service. There are over 200km of runs, which are great for beginners and intermediates. Experts will have to look around for off-piste and decent black runs. Adelboden also has two half-pipes and a specialist park for snow boarders. The Apres-ski scene is a little on the quiet side, with it being mostly based in hotels; restaurants; and bars. There is also an adequate ski school, which is best suited for children.
- Sporthotel Adler Hotel 19 Dorfstrasse Adelboden 43 Rooms
- Bristol Hotel 6 Obere Dorfstrasse Adelboden 29 Rooms
- Parkhotel Bellevue and Spa Hotel 15 Bellevuestrasse Adelboden 50 Rooms
- Hotel Beau-Site Adelboden 5 Dorfstrasse Adelboden 36 Rooms
- Baren Hotel 35 Matzenriedstrasse Adelboden 12 Rooms
- More Adelboden Hotels
Know a thing or two about Adelboden ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red