Sierra Nevada Travel Guide
Sierra Nevada Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Granada
- Resort Altitude (metres): 2100m
- Ski Season: December - March
- Mountain Range: Penibetic mountain
- Number of Lifts: 22
- Highest Lift (metres): 3300m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 2102m
- Number of Slopes: 39
- Snowboarding: Yes: Sierra Nevada is Spain´s pioneer resort in snowboarding. Specialised snowboarding shops and schools are also available at the resort.
- Cross Country (km): 61km
Sierra Nevada Ski Information
Away from the skiing scenery, your best option is to explore the area around the resort and discover some stunning sites and places of interest. You can go hiking, bike or horse riding. The historic city of Granada holds countless treasures of Natural Heritage and its well worth the 30 minute drive. Alpujarras are the lower mountains that lead up to the Sierra Nevada and are home to some of the most exquisite white villages in the region.
- Languages: Spanish Catalan Galician Basque
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: Police: 091
Emergencies: 112 / 900 249 100
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Check the weather
All the facilities you need, you will find at Sierra Nevada. From a new medical centre, child care centre to banks, supermarkets, shops, magazine and newspaper kiosks, ski rental, photo-developing services, hairdressers, car rental, taxi service, pharmacy and church services You can also enjoy the fantastic sport club in the centre of the resort village with all kind of workout facilities, including massage rooms, saunas, swimming pool, solarium and much more. It also offer an incredible conference room fully equipped specially designed for conferences and social events.
If you want to enjoy skiing the Spanish way, you definitely should visit Sierra Nevada located in southern Andalucia. This beautiful resort with awesome views and excellent customer service, offers great skiing and snowboarding opportunities for both beginners and intermediates. Although, the weather can sometimes close down the whole resort and weekends can be quiet crowded as there are many day trips from the coast. The town offers a large range of restaurants, bars and hotels and if you decide to party, you will find an exhilarating night life here. If you dont speak Spanish ski schools can be very difficult as they are few instructors that are fluent in English but still you will find that skiing in Sierra Nevada is an excellent experience, quiet different from the usual Alpine one and offers a great value for your money.
Sierra Nevada Attractions
- Melia Sierra Nevada Hotel Pradollano, s/n Sierra Nevada 221 Rooms
- El Lodge Hotel Maribel, 8 Sierra Nevada 20 Rooms
- Ziryab Hotel Pl. de Andalucía, 8 Sierra Nevada 147 Rooms
- Melia Sol y Nieve Hotel Pradollano, s/n Sierra Nevada 177 Rooms
- Kenia Nevada Hotel 6 Virgen de las Nieves Sierra Nevada 67 Rooms
- More Sierra Nevada Hotels
Know a thing or two about Sierra Nevada ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red