La Thuile Travel Guide
La Thuile Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Aosta
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1450m
- Ski Season: December - May
- Mountain Range: Mont Blanc
- Number of Lifts: 37
- Highest Lift (metres): 2612m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1441m
- Number of Slopes: 68
- Snowboarding: yes
- Cross Country (km): 20km
La Thuile Ski Information
There are a number of interesting attractions worth visiting in Aosta, which is near to La Thuile. Some of the attractions here include the Arch of Augustus which dates back to 24 B.C. when the Romans founded the town. Another sight worth checking out are the ruins of a Roman theatre that date back to the 1st century B.C. The Gothic Collegiata dei Santi Pietro e Orso, which dates back to the 12th century is one the town's most famous landmarks.
- Languages: Croatian Italian French German Serbian
- Temperatures: 0°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: Police: 112
All Emergencies: 113
- Population: 259
- Religion: 84% Roman Catholic 6% Jewish Muslim Protestant
Apres Ski in this quiet village is quite limited. There are only a few bars, which offer some fun and entertainment in the evenings. A number of shops are available, which sell a range of goods and have equipment for hire La Thuile has a few restaurants, which serve a range of excellent Trafitional; Italian; and French cuisine. The resort also has a sports centre and a swimming pool.
La Thuile is situated on the Italian and French border, and is the home of the St Bernard dogs. The village is at the top of the Aosta Valley, which means that the weather conditions can be variable with the high winds being problematic at times. La Thuile has runs for all levels of ability, beginners and intermediates have a number of goos pistes, although they will have to travel a bit to get to them. Experts have a good choice of black runs and off-pistes, as well as excellent heli-skiing. La Thuile is largely unknown outside of Italy, and is therefore usually uncrowded. The Apres Ski is very quiet, with a limited nightlife and non-ski activities on offer. This is a great place for family ski holidays.
La Thuile Attractions
- Du Glacier Hotel Via Loc. Petite Golette 14 La Thuile 19 Rooms
- Chalet Alpina Hotel Localita La Thuile 14 Rooms
- Miravidi Hotel Localita' Petite Golette 49 La Thuile 32 Rooms
- Chalet Eden Hotel Localita' Villaret 74 La Thuile 22 Rooms
- Piccolo S Bernardo Hotel Via Marcello Collomb 18 La Thuile 10 Rooms
- More La Thuile Hotels
Know a thing or two about La Thuile ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red