Courmayeur Travel Guide
Courmayeur Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Aosta
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1225m
- Ski Season: December - April
- Mountain Range: Mont Blanc
- Number of Lifts: 21
- Highest Lift (metres): 2755m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1208m
- Number of Slopes: 23
- Snowboarding: yes
- Cross Country (km): 32km
Courmayeur Ski Information
If you want to take a break from skiing and are looking for some other attractions worth visiting, you should head off to Aosta. Some of the attractions here include the Arch of Augustus which dates back to 24 B.C. when the Romans founded the town. Another sight worth checking out are the ruins of a Roman theatre that date back to the 1st century B.C. The Gothic Collegiata dei Santi Pietro e Orso, which dates back to the 12th century is one the town's most famous landmarks.
- Languages: Croatian Italian French German Serbian
- Temperatures: 8°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: Police: 112
All Emergencies: 113
- Population: 2790
- Religion: 84% Roman Catholic 6% Jewish Muslim Protestant
- Check the weather
The nightlife in Cormayeur is quite lively, with a couple of nightclubs and a few bars all offering excellent venues for unfogettable nights out. There are also a number of excellent restaurants, which serve a range of traditional and Italian cuisine. Other facilities available include a sports centre; a gym; a swimming pool; an ice rink; a sauna; and hot tubs.
Courmayeur is situated on the Italian side of Mont Blanc in the Aosta Valley. The majority of the runs near the resort are best suited for beginners and intermediates, while experts will have to search for some good off-pistes. Courmayeur does have access to the other resorts in the Aosta Valley, which together total almost 800km of runs that should keep everyone happy. There are also around 515km of excellent trails for cross-country skiers to explore. The resort itself is based around the old traditional village and the Apres Ski scene is quite lively and Italian in spirit. The non-ski activities on offer are a bit limiting, but there are other resorts and villages close to Courmayeur and are easily reached. All in all this is a great place for a skiing holiday.
- Villa Novecento Hotel Viale Monte Bianco 64 Courmayeur
- Dente Del Gigante Hotel Via San Bernardo 42 Courmayeur 14 Rooms
- Berthod Hotel Via Mario Puchoz 11 Courmayeur 25 Rooms
- Dei Camosci Hotel Strada Per Entreves 7 Courmayeur 23 Rooms
- Edelweiss Hotel Via Marconi 42 Courmayeur 30 Rooms
- More Courmayeur Hotels
Know a thing or two about Courmayeur ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red