Morzine Travel Guide
Morzine Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Thonon
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1000m
- Ski Season: December to April
- Mountain Range: French Alps in the area of Portes du Soleil.
- Number of Lifts: 67
- Highest Lift (metres): 2460m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1000m
- Number of Slopes: 81
- Snowboarding: Yes, a park, halfpipe and boarding on all pistes.
- Cross Country (km): 47km
Morzine Ski Information
If you have children, you can leave them in the safe hands of "Le Club des Piou-Piou" and while they are learning and having fun, you can explore the village on a days rest from the piste. The Grand Hotel hosts the tourist office, and you can stay in the village to enjoy the Thursday guided tour which ends with a demonstration of local cheese making. There are some fine forested hiking trails and if you are in a sporting mood then take the kids to try sledging, or even para gliding. Shopping is a unique experience and you will be tempted by the mountain cheeses and quaint hand made items.
- Languages: French
- Temperatures: 8c
- Driving: Right hand side
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies 112
- Population: 3000
- Religion: 90% Catholic
- Check the weather
There are many traditional restaurants and some specialise in French cuisine using the local cheese and produce. If you enjoy fondues at altitude with great views or barbeques in a village restaurant, it's there for you to enjoy. The bars are buzzing after dark and The Cavern and La Chamade are great places to eat and meet.
Morzine lies below Avoriaz in the Portes du Soleil region, which boasts 650km of slopes, unfortunately Morzine is fairly low at 1000m and snow cover can be sparse at the start and end of the seasons. The runs are well suited to the learner and good schools ensure you are quickly on the gentler pistes. Snowboarding is good with a park and boarding on all the pistes. There is plenty to do in the area apart from skiing and the village has a fine selection of shops, restaurants and bars. There also is a bowling alley, well equipped sports centre and ice rink. This is the perfect destination for the family who want to ski and do other things. , whilst on holiday.
- Au Coin du Feu Hotel BP116 Les Prodains Morzine Morzine 17 Rooms
- Hotel Alpen Roc TDM des Champs de la Plagne Morzine 14 Rooms
- Hotel La Bergerie Morzine 27 Rooms
- Hotel Le Dahu 293 Chemin du Mas Metoud Morzine 40 Rooms
- Hotel Le Beau Regard Les Bois Venants-Rte Montriond Morzine 33 Rooms
- More Morzine Hotels
Know a thing or two about Morzine ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red