Megeve Travel Guide
Megeve Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Sallanches
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1100m
- Ski Season: December to April
- Mountain Range: French Alps in Mont Blanc.
- Number of Lifts: 79
- Highest Lift (metres): 2350m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1050m
- Number of Slopes: 137
- Snowboarding: Yes, a park and halfpipe.
- Cross Country (km): 70km
Megeve Ski Information
For the days off from skiing, there are plenty of options. The first is to investigate the lovely little shops that line the streets, but be prepared for the high prices. There is an interesting farm museum which also outlines the local history in the Ruelle du Vieux Marche. If you are into bowling , then the popular alley would suit you, or how about a flutter at the casino? The fitness centre holds classes and you can do pottery there.
- Languages: French
- Temperatures: 8c
- Driving: Right hand side
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies - 112
- Population: 4075
- Religion: 90% Catholic
- Check the weather
When the night comes the town wakes up and loves to party. Plenty of choice for eating with over 90 restaurants, some on the mountain and hotels, over 20 bars to choose from and even 7 clubs to dance to live music or what the DJs dish up. A great place for the night owl.
Megeve was the original swish resort, that attracted the ultra rich to be seen on and off piste. Its been overtaken in recent years by Courchevel 1850, but still enjoys a good smattering of wealthy visitors. The village is very much in the traditional style and contains a very good selection of shops, restaurants, bars and nightclubs plus a casino. The skiing offers a great variety for all levels of competence and snowboarders have their own park.The child care facilities at the resort are second to none. Overall the resort is expensive for the average family, but if that's not a problem and you like a great time at night then come!
- Les Cimes Hotel 341 Ave Charles Feige Megeve 8 Rooms
- Hotel Les Fermes De Marie Route de Riante Colline Megeve 69 Rooms
- Hotel Gai Soleil 343 rue du Crêt du Midi Megeve 21 Rooms
- Hotel La Grange D'Arly 10 rue des Allobroges, B.P. 68, Megeve 22 Rooms
- Hotel Le Manege 15 route de Rochebrune Megeve 30 Rooms
- More Megeve Hotels
Know a thing or two about Megeve ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red