Mayrhofen Travel Guide
Mayrhofen Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Schwaz
- Resort Altitude (metres): 630m
- Ski Season: December to April
- Mountain Range: The Alps
- Number of Lifts: 46
- Highest Lift (metres): 2500m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 630m
- Snowboarding: Yes: park
- Cross Country (km): 20km
Mayrhofen Ski Information
Should you wish to take a break from skiing, you can venture into the nearest town of Schwaz which offers a great selection of entertainment. The Planetarium is an excellent place to go for a family outing. It offers specific highlights and attractions for different occupations and age groups. The entire family can enjoy the day by sitting back and watching the beauty of the stars from the comfort of a soft arm chair. Another place which is well worth a visit is The Gallery of the City Schwaz, which is home to an excellent exhibition, consisting of a 5 min video clip of Uri Tzaig the ape.
- Languages: German Turkish Slovenian Croatian English
- Temperatures: 3°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies : 112/122
- Population: 3679
- Religion: 88% Roman Catholic 6% Protestant
- Check the weather
The Apre Ski scene is pretty well equipped, consisting of a large selection of shops, a couple of bars and clubs and an extensive range of restaurants offering traditional and international cuisine. The resort features a bowling alley and arcade games which are sure to offer hours of entertainment for both young and old. There is also a gym and a large indoor swimming pool, as well as an ice rink, hot tubs and saunas. The resort also offers hand gliding and paragliding facilities, as well as beautiful walking trails.
The Mayrofen Ski resort features a total of 146km of slopes, as well as 46 lifts which cater for all levels of skiers, whether beginners, intermediates or advanced skiers - there is something here for everyone. The main attraction of the resort is without a doubt the 150er Tux, a transport lift which takes you to the highest point of the ski area in just 5 minutes. The view is absolutely magnificent once you reach Wangelspitz, which is 2500m above sea level. The resort also caters well for snowboarders, offering them a well equipped boarding park. The Apre ski scene is pretty well equipped, consisting of a large selection of bars and clubs, a couple of shops and an extensive range of restaurants.
- Hotel Garni Glockenstuhl 431 Fam. Rieser-hundsbichler Einfahrt Mitte Mayrhofen
- Hotel Pramstraller 248 Familienbetrieb Dursterstrasse Mayrhofen
- Hotel Edenlehen 676 Hundsbichler Andreas Mayrhofen
- Alpenhotel Kramerwirt Hotel 346 Familie Kroll Am Marienbrunnen Mayrhofen
- Hotel Maria Theresia 227 Dursterstrasse Mayrhofen
- More Mayrhofen Hotels
Know a thing or two about Mayrhofen ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red