Kitzbuhel Travel Guide
Kitzbuhel Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Kitzbuhel
- Resort Altitude (metres): 760m
- Ski Season: December to March
- Mountain Range: The Alps
- Number of Lifts: 60
- Highest Lift (metres): 1995m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 787m
- Number of Slopes: 70
- Snowboarding: Yes: park
- Cross Country (km): 40km
Kitzbuhel Ski Information
The town of Kitzbuhel offers visitors a great opportunity for escaping the skiing scene. There are a couple of attractions available, such as Pfarrkirche, a Parish Church built in 1435 and which was later renovated during the 18th century into traditional Baroque style architecture. The Church of Our Lady, Liebfrauenkirche, is another worth while attraction, as it dates back to the 13th century and houses an impressive collection of beautiful artworks. The Heimatmuseum is home to interesting artifacts on the towns mines, as well as the trophies obtained by the regional skiing stars. This is a visit which should definitely not be missed, as it is the best showcase of the town's history and culture.
- Languages: German Turkish Slovenian Croatian English
- Temperatures: 4°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies : 112/122
- Population: 8105
- Religion: 88% Roman Catholic 6% Protestant
- Check the weather
The resort features an excellent Apre Ski scene, offering visitors a great selection of excellent restaurants which serve a vast selection of local and international cuisine. There are a handful of nightclubs available, as well as numerous bars. The resort also features a couple of shops and a stunning bowling alley. There is a leisure and sports center, which is equipped with a gym, a large indoor swimming pool, as well as a sauna and a solarium. There are a couple of beautiful walking trails waiting to be explored, as well as hand gliding and paragliding facilities available.
The Kitzbuhel resort is best known for its famous Hahnenkamm downhill run. It is a place which has become quite familiar with the majority of winter sportsmen. The resort features a total amount of 158km of runs. It caters pretty well for snow boarders, with a stunning boarding park. The resort is mostly favored by the intermediate and expert skiers, offering them a great variety of terrain and slopes. The Apre Ski scene is pretty well equipped, offering visitors some great nightlife opportunities, beautiful buildings and a couple of excellent restaurants. Overall Kitzbuhel is a very popular resort, oozing with an air of charm and magic.
- Golf hotel Rasmushof Hotel 15 Signe Kramheller-reisch Ried Ecking Kitzbuhel
- Hotel Villa Licht 8 Fr. Renate Tenmann Franz-reisch-str. Kitzbuhel
- Gasthof Eggerwirt Hotel 12 Anton Hechenberger Gansbachgasse Kitzbuhel
- Sporthotel Reisch Hotel 3 Franz-reisch-str. Kitzbuhel
- Hotel Kitzhof Ski & Golf Dir. Markus Frischknecht Schwarzseestrasse Kitzbuhel
- More Kitzbuhel Hotels
Know a thing or two about Kitzbuhel ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red