Kaprun Travel Guide
Kaprun Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Zell Am See
- Resort Altitude (metres): 797m
- Ski Season: December to April
- Mountain Range: The Alps
- Number of Lifts: 27
- Highest Lift (metres): 3029m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 770m
- Number of Slopes: 49
- Snowboarding: Yes: park
- Cross Country (km): 18km
Kaprun Ski Information
If you feel like taking a break from skiing, you can venture into the nearest town, Zell am See. The town has a couple of interesting attractions which are worth visiting. These include the 11th century Parish church, which features a beautiful example of Romanesque-style architecture. The Folklore museum is another place which is well worth a visit. The museum is housed inside the old Vogtturm tower. The museum features interesting displays of old traditional costumes, as well as artifacts which depict the everyday life of old Land Salzburg. Once in town, be sure not to miss the Castle Rosenberg, which consists of a 16th century Bavarian-style structure.
- Languages: German Turkish Slovenian Croatian English
- Temperatures: 5°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies : 112/122
- Population: 3117
- Religion: 88% Roman Catholic 6% Protestant
The Apre Ski scene offers a great selection of entertainment. These include 1 nightclub and a large selection of bars. There are also a couple of excellent restaurants and a good variety of shops available. The resort also features a bowling alley, which offers a great opportunity for entertainment for both young and old. There is also a Sports and leisure center at the resort, which is equipped with a large indoor swimming pool, a sauna and a couple of hot tubs. The resort has a beautiful walking trails for those who want to indulge in the abundance of absolute natural beauty. There are also hand gliding and paragliding facilities available for the more adventurous.
The Kaprun Ski Resort has a very laid-back and relaxing atmosphere, offering a total of 5km of skiing run. The village of Kaprun consists of a typically traditional Austrian village. The resort offers its visitors a total of 49 slopes, the majority of them catering for skiers on a beginners and intermediate level. There is also a good amount of entertainment available for snow boarders, which include a well equipped park. The Apre Ski scene offers a variety of entertainment, ranging from a good selection of bars and a club, to a selection of excellent restaurants and shops.
- Hotel Martini 625 Hr. Eisl Kellnerfeldstr. Kaprun
- Votters Sportkristall Hotel 621 Frau Karin Votter Schlossstr. Kaprun
- Hotel Rudolfshof Vitality 606 Rudolf Hermann Lechnerdorfgasse Kaprun
- Hotel Orgler 22 Margit Renz Kaprun
- Hotel Gasthof Mitteregger 13 Fam.hainzer Schlossstrasse Kaprun
- More Kaprun Hotels
Know a thing or two about Kaprun ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red