Bad Gastein Travel Guide
Bad Gastein Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Badgastein
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1000m
- Ski Season: December to March
- Mountain Range: The Alps
- Number of Lifts: 59
- Highest Lift (metres): 2700m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1100m
- Number of Slopes: 59
- Snowboarding: Yes: park halfpipe
- Cross Country (km): 90km
Bad Gastein Ski Information
If you wish to take a break from the whole skiing scene, you can take a venture into town. The town has quite a lot to offer entertainment wise, ranging from museums and historical churches to lovely restaurants and shops. A definite must-see is the Gasteiner museum. The museum is home to an interesting collection of mineral and historical information regarding the mining industry. For those interested in getting a healthy dose of culture, The Parish Church was built during the 14th century and is home to beautiful Baroque and Neugotische sculptures. It also boasts the original wooden Madonna, situated in the high altar which dates back to 1450.
- Languages: German Turkish Slovenian Croatian English
- Temperatures: 6°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right-hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies : 112/122
- Population: 5600
- Religion: 88% Roman Catholic 6% Protestant
The Apres Ski scene is pretty well equipped, featuring a couple of sophisticated nightclubs which offer the latest popular tunes, as well as the older popular classics There is also a great selection of restaurants and fast food stores to visit The resort features magnificent walking trails, a well equipped sports center, an ice rink for adults and children, a heated indoor swimmingpool, hot tubs, saunas and paragliding facilities.
Bad Gastein ski resort is a favourite for the intermediate skiing level, offering some great challenges and exhilirating tree-lined skiing. The park also caters for boarders, featuring a park and a halfpipe. The resort is home to excellent accomodation facilities and a large selection of pleasant restaurants and fast food stores. The Apre ski scene is pretty well equipped, offering visitors a selection of nightclubs and as well as an icerink, paragliding, hot tubs, and some very exciting walking trails. In general, it is an excellent place to make the most of the whole winter and skiing experience.
Bad Gastein Attractions
- Hotel Europaischer Hof 20 Miesbichlstrasse Bad Gastein
- Hotel Alpenblick Bad Gastein 17 Elisabeth Hirsch Kotschactaler Strasse Bad Gastein
- Hotel Wildbad 20 Familie Hortnagl K. H. Waggerlstrasse Bad Gastein
- Hotel Mozart 25 Roland Krenn Franz Josefstrasse Bad Gastein 70 Rooms
- Euro youth hotel Krone Hotel 8 Robert Marat Bahnhofsplatz Bad Gastein
- More Bad Gastein Hotels
Know a thing or two about Bad Gastein ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red