Caracas Maiquetia International Airport (CCS) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- For your own safety it is advisable to use the official taxi service provided by Corporacion Anfitriones de Venezuela. Pay at the Yellow Desk in the Arrivals of both terminals. You may be able to get cheaper taxis but your safety will be at stake.
- UCAM buses operate between the airport and Caracas and bus stops are conveniently close to the Metro Stations in Caracas. Buses are scheduled to depart every 30 minutes but usually leave when the bus is full. Journey time could be anything from 50 minutes or more depending on the traffic. When departing from Caracas to the airport it is advisable to embark at Gato Negro Metro Station which is the closest to the airport as city traffic is very slow.
- There are taxis and buses to get to and from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Two Information Desks (tel: 212 303 1526/7/8) are located in the International Terminal and there is an Information Desk (tel: 212 303 1403) in the Domestic Terminal.
- Luggage storage facilities are available. Enquire at the Information Desk. Trolleys are available and porter service. Take care you are not overcharged by unscrupulous porters.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are located in the terminals and banking services are provided.
- More Services:
- Postal and telecommunication services are available in both terminals. Fax and Internet access is available on level 3 in the International Terminal. Telephones are located throughout both terminals. There is a courier service in the Domestic Terminal. Toilets and baby change facilities are provided. Medical service is available and there is a Pharmacy in the airport.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Restaurants, bars and cafes are located in both terminals. Some of the many are: Aero Tasca La Remolacha, Restaurante Caroni, Mocol Restuarante, Inversiones Rosantir, Subway, American Deli, Jucaco, Cafe Kakao, Cafeteria Romeo, Julieta Cafe, Vitamina Ch-43, Dulceria Vimar, Dulceria La Tapara, Helideria 3L, Fridays and Benihana.
- A wide variety of shopping includes books, gifts, souvenirs, cosmetics and fashion wear. Some of the shops are: Mac Traiding, Souvenir Artes Criollos, Cade Aux, Aeroboutique, Floristia y Regalos Violeta, Le Petit Bombon, Inversiones Zabalete, Tati's Artesenia, Laur Kemp Boutique, Jardines, Ritcelvis and Dipuca V. Aldeasa Duty Free shopping is available in the International Terminal.
- Business Facilities:
- Business facilities in the airport is available in the Canty Office on Level 3 in the International Terminal. Internet access, fax, photocopy service and telephones are provided. Executive Lounges are located in both terminals. The new Airport Hilton Hotel is under construction and will provide business facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- There airport is wheelchair accessible and toilets for the disabled are located in both terminals. IDD telephones for the hearing impaired are provided. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Aerocontinente, Aeroejecutivos, Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeropostal, Aerotuy, Air Canada, Air France, Air Portugal, Air Venezuela, Alitalia, American Airlines, Aserca, Avianca, Avior, British Airways, Bwia Internacional, Chapi Air, Continental Airlines, Copa, Cubana de Aviacion, Delta Airlines, Dutch Caribbean, IAACA, Iberia, KLM, Lacsa, Lan Chile, Laser, Lloyd Aereo Boliviano, Lufthansa, Mexicana de Aviacion, Rutaca, Saeta, Santa Barbara, Servivensa, Sol de America, Taca Peru, Transaven, Varig.
- Airport Taxes:
- International departure tax is US$32 and Domestic departure tax is US$1. Enquire if this is included in the ticket price.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Caracas is a long narrow city sandwiched between two mountains hence the ever slow traffic. If your flight is delayed for eight hours or more then venture from the airport. Caracas is friendly and vibrant and a visit to Pueblo de el Hatillo with it's narrow streets and charming colonial style homes and plenty of cafes and shopping is exciting.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Current expansion of the airport includes improved facilities and a new airport hotel.