Jorge Chavez Lima Callao International irport A (LIM) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- There are taxi's available to and from the airport and passengers are recommended to make use of the services of the three official taxi services which are located outside the Arrivals hall.
- Passengers can reach Lima central by bus, or alternatively you can make use of a minibus, which runs to and from Lima city central and stops along the main avenues, Abancay, Tacna and Wilson. Busses do not enter the airport grounds and the nearest stop is on the main avenue that leads to the city.
- The passenger train arrives right in the city centre at the Desamparados Railway Station, Jirón Ancash 201, behind the Palacio de Gobierno. Services currently only run on the last Monday of every month at 5.15pm and Tues in Oct and Dec.
- Driving to the city should only be done by the adventurous, the roads tend to get congested and the traffic situation is normally horrific. There are very few landmarks which register the direction of the centre of town, so you are sure to get a little disorientated.
- Airport Info:
- Located in the main hall of the International and Domestic zone, you will find information and customer service desks. The staff are fully bilingual and can offer assistance on flight information, services and facilities in the airport, as well as tourist information.
- Located in the main hall, you will find the left luggage department. Luggage can be safely stored for days or hours at the following rates, $3 per day per unit or $1 per hour per unit.
- Located in the main hall of the International Terminal, you will find a bureau de change and a post office on the ground level. ATM's are located throughout the airport.
- More Services:
- Located on the mezzanine level, you will find a pharmacy and a medical center which can provide a vaccination service - they are open 24hrs for your convenience. There is also a private medical service which is located on the first floor of the International zone.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Located at the main concourse, you will find a great selection shops and booths, which sell a vast selection of items ranging from handycrafts, books, magazines and other items to vending machines with soft drinks, snacks, cigarettes and coffee.
- Located on the mezzanine level in the International terminal, you will find various restaurants that sell a great selection of dishes and meals.
- Business Facilities:
- Open 24hrs a day, located in the main hall is the office of one of Peru?s private telephone companies. It has telephone booths, fax and Internet facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport offers disabled toilets and ramps for wheelchairs that provide access to a the areas of the terminal. There are also facilities, which comply with international regulations available for visually-impaired and hearing-impaired passengers.
- Airlines Served:
- Aero Colombia, Aero Continente, Aerocondor, Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeromexico, American Airlines Cargo, Avianca, Aviandina, COPA, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Grupo Taca/Taca Intl, Iberia, KLM, LACSA, LAN Chile, LAN Peru, Lloyd Aereo Boliviano, Lufthansa, Ecuatoriana, Servivensa, StarUp, Transportes Andahuaylas, VARIG Brazilian
- Airport Taxes:
- International departure tax is included in the ticket price. There is a 18% departure tax required for domestic flights, but can be avoided if the ticket is booked and payed for in your home country.