Sao Paulo Guarulhos International Airport (GRU) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Prepaid radio taxis serve the terminals. Car Hire companies represented at the airport include Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty. Several local companies also operate there.
- The airport bus connects with Congonhas Domestic Airport and the city centre. There is also an executive city bus for which tickets should be purchased in advance on the Arrivals floor. There is also a shuttle minibus service which runs to the city centre (journey time - 30-50 minutes).
- To reach the airport, you can either take the Ayrton Senna or Presidente Dutra highway and follow the signs to the airport.
- Airport Info:
- There are tourist information desks on the Arrivals floor of Terminals 1 and 2, and there are also two Infraero information counters in both terminals. Comunicacao Social can help with specific enquiries.
- Banks with bureau de change facilities and ATMs are located throughout the airport.
- More Services:
- First aid facilities and pharmacies are located in both terminals. There is also a 24-hour post office in Terminal 1.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a range of shops, including duty-free, available in both terminals of the airport.
- There are a range of bars and restaurants selling a wide range refreshments available in both of the airport's terminals.
- Business Facilities:
- Business facilities with telephones; fax machines; and computers are available on the Departures floor of the administration building. There are VIP lounges, and two conference rooms that can each accommodate 80-100 people.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Facilities for disabled travellers at the airport include ramped access and lifts, adapted toilets and telephones.
- Airlines Served:
- Absa Airlines, Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeromexpress Airlines, Air France Airlines, Alitalia Airlines, American Airlines, Danzas, British Airlines, Canadian Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Fedex Airlines, Iberia Airlines, KLM Airlines, Korea Air, Lufthansa Airlines, Nippon Express, Panalpina, Polar Air Cargo, Proair, South African Airways, Swissair, Tap Air Portugal Airlines, Trans. Air, Tristar Airlines, United Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travelers delayed at the airport can take a taxi or bus into Sao Paulo, once there any of the folllowing acttractions can easily be reached. Museu De Aarte Moderna - Gate 10 Sao Paulo - The permanent collection includes more than 2,600 paintings; sculptures; and drawings from the Brazilian modernist movement, which began in the 1920s. There are also many temporary exhibitions by local artists. Parque Zoologico DeE Sao Paulo - Av. Miguel Stefano 4241 - This 200-acre zoo has more than 3,000 animals, and many of its 410 species are endangered. The attractions on offer include a lake with small islands, where monkeys live in houses on stilts and the Casa do Sangue Frio, House of Cold Blood, with reptilian and amphibious creatures. Museu Memoria Do Bixiga - Rua dos Ingleses 118 - This museum contains objects that belonged to Italian immigrants that lived in Bixiga. On weekends at Feira do Bixiga, they sell handicrafts; antiques; and furniture.