Milwaukee General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Airport Connection (tel:(414) 769 2444) Provides share-ride shuttle service to Millwaukee. Taxis and shuttles depart from the north end of the traffic island outside Arrivals.
- Public Bus (tel: (414) 276 7490) operates MTS Route 80 which runs to Sixth Street in downtown Milwaukee. Milwaukee County Transit System also serves Milwaukee County. Badger Coaches (tel:(414) 276 7490) serve Johnson Creek and Madison. Wisconsin Coach Lines (tel: (262) 542 8861) serves Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine and Kenosha Counties. Buses depart from the south end of the traffic island outside Arrivals.
- Buses and shuttles serve the airport.
- Airport Info:
- An Information Desk (tel: (414) 747 4808) is located in Arrivals and Travelers Aid (tel: (414) 747 5245) is located on the upper level of the terminal. White courtesy phones are located throughout the airport to assist travelers.
- Trolleys are available. Enquire at the Information Desk(tel: (414) 747 4808) for Lost Property.
- ATMs are located in the main terminal and near the entrance to concourse E.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located thoughout the airport. Postage stamp machines are provided. Toilets and baby-change facilities are provided. There is a baby/parent room in the main terminal. There is a smoking lounge in Concourse D
- Eating & Drinking:
- There is an Ice Cream Shop, a Food Court, Starbucks and a Restaurant.
- Shopping opportunites include Chocolate Candy Shop, News and Gift Shop, PGA Store and Harley-Davidson Shop.
- Business Facilities:
- Conference rooms (tel: (414) 747 5300) are available. Business facilities are located at the north end of the upper level precinct near the entrance to Concourse C and phone, fax and parcel deliveries is available. Midwest Express and Northwest Airlines have airline clubs at the airport where there are conference rooms, computers, Internet access and fax facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible and toilets for the disabled are located throughout the airport. Parking for the disabled is available abd assistance can be called for on the white courtesy phones (dial 5309). Transport for the elderly and disabled is provided by City Veteran Cab Tel:(414) 278 4091 (Voice) or (414) 2761096 (TDD). Telephones (TDD) are provided for the hearing impaired. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- ABX Air, ATA Connection, Air Canada, AirTran, America West, American Airlines Cargo, American Eagle, BAX Global, Comair - Delta, Continental Express, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, Emery Worldwide, Fedex, Frontier Airlines, Midwest Connect, Midwest Express, Northwest Airlines, US Airways, USA3000, United Express, United Parcel Service
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Guess pub crawling might just be the thing to do in this city with its massive breweries and hundreds of pubs. But it's great down by the river side.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Milwaukee General Mitchell Airport's annual passenger count is 6 million.