Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis and limousines leave from the Ground Transportation Centre.
- Shuttle buses leave from the Ground Transportation Centre and coaches from the baggage reclaim area.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus, limousines and car
- Airport Info:
- Help desks are situated in the Main Terminal. Uniformed assistance is readily available and the Washington State visitor information desk is located on the baggage reclaim level Operation Welcome - 206 433 5367 helps international visitors and the Japanese information desk on the baggage reclaim level.
- Lost property is located in the main Terminal and there is a left luggage facility there.
- ATMs, Foreign Exchange booths and internet access are available.
- More Services:
- Meditation room, massage room and shoe shine. Family toilets and separate pet toilets.
- Eating & Drinking:
- You won't be wanting for last minute presents here as there are gift, book and duty free in all areas.
- The main and satellite Terminals are chock full of refreshment facilities from the Africa lounge to Taco Bell to a microbrewery and Starbucks is everywhere in fact for coffee you are spoiled for choice.
- Business Facilities:
- Basic facilities are to be had at Laptop Lane Business Centre in the north satellite - 206 835 4640. Hilton Seattle Airport and Conference Centre is equipped for larger groups.
- Disabled Facilities:
- All areas are wheelchair accessible and there are disabled toilets, lifts, parking bays and amplified phones. Special assistance can be requested from your airline.
- Airlines Served:
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Air Canada, British Airways, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Air BC, EVA Airlines, United Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Horizon, United Express / Skywest, American Airlines.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- You won't find many sunshiny days here, but Seattle makes up for that in lots of other ways and a few are listed below: Seattle Center - Walkable(1 mile) from downtown and home of the 600ft Space Needle whose peak is reached by super fast lifts. The trip ends with amazing views over the city, a monorail, shops, science centre and amusement park all compete for your attention. Pike Place Market - For fresh produce and all sorts of food this downtown market can not be beaten for atmosphere, and its a great place to shop for arts and crafts etc. Capital Hill - Just 2km from the city centre and filled with people, art, cafes and always a fantastic vibe going here. Gets lively at night as the cafes are taken over by bars and nightclubs.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Big expansion programme going on for 2005.