Norfolk International Airport (NIA) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxi cabs are available outside the baggage claim lobby and service the entire area. Taxi operators are: Andy's Cab, Black & White, City Wide Cabs, Duke Cab, East Side Cab, Eden Cab, Lewis/Waterside Taxi, Southside Cab and Norfolk Checker.
- Norfolk Airport Express (Tel: (757)) 857 3991) operates a shuttle service to the entire area. Shuttles depart from outside the baggage claim area. Buses travel to Norfolk, Chesapeake Portsmouth and other destinations.
- Airport Info:
- The Information Centre (757) 444-3040) provides information and assistance. Volunteer Airport Ambassadors welcome and assist passengers.
- Lost and Found Property (757) 857-3344) is handled by the airport police.
- There is a Bank in the airport and Bureau de Change and an ATM is available.
- More Services:
- There are telephones in the terminals and concourses. Toilets are located throughout the airport. A hair Salon, a Barber and shoe service is provided.. First Aid is available. A smoking area is provided.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Eating and drinking can be done at; Foggy Bottom Brew Pub, Back Bay Bistro, Freemason Abbey, Beach Bully, A & W, First Colony Coffee, Freshens Yogurt, Virginia Nut Company, USS Norfolk and Godfathers Pizza.
- Shopping opportunities in the airport are; Hudson News, Southern Shades, Hudson's $10 Boutique and Discover Hampton Road.
- Business Facilities:
- The Conference Centre offers meeting rooms equipped with; direct telephone lines, audiovisual equipment, public address systems, press lights, fax, photocopy and flipcharts. There is an executive lounge.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible and toilets for the disabled are located in all the restrooms. All the telephones are situated at a low level and easy to reach and have raised lettering and volume control. TTY telephones for the hearing impaired are located in the terminals and concourses. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Airbourne Express, American, American Airlines Cargo, American Eagle, Comair/Delta, Continental, Continental Express, Delta Air Lines, Fedex, Independence Air, Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Southwest, US Airways, US Postal Service, United Express, United Parcel Service, US Express Airways,
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- The Norfolk Botanical Garden is right next to the airport and well worth a visit.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Norfolk International Airport is the major airport servicing south-east Virginia and north-east Carolina. A recent $127 million improvements includes a new arrivals terminal and new restaurants and shops.