Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available at the airport.
- Greyhound and Utah Transit Authority have buses available at the airport for transport to a number of destinations.
- There are taxis, buses and limousines available for transport into town.
- Airport Info:
- There are information desks located near the Concourse A in Terminal 1, and Concourse C in Terminal 2. Airport airfield officers are on hand throughout the airport to provide information, and the are staff members who will assist passengers with special needs, and provide translation services where necessary. Tourist information is located in Terminal 2.
- There is a lost property service available in Terminal 1, and porters are available to assist with luggage.
- There are ATM's in both terminals, a bank with bureau de change, and a post office is located just off the airport entry road, which is open 24 hours.
- More Services:
- In addition to the usual services, the airport provides baby change facilities, children's play areas, ski rental, and a paramedic service.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The duty free shop is located in Concourse D on terminal 2
- The airport offers various outlets for refreshment, and there are restaurants, cafes, fast-food serving, coffee shops, and bars, all located throughout the premises.
- Business Facilities:
- The Zions bank in Terminal 2 provides a fax and photocopying service, and there are computer phones located throughout the terminals. The Laptop Lane Business Centre offers desktop computers, PC modem, and Internet facilities, as well as fax, photocopying, and printing services. For more information tel 801 519 5060. The Crown Room in Terminal 2 provides business facilities for Delta Airlines and their members.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible with lifts and ramps in place, there are toilets, TDD telephones, and low-level telephones for the disabled passenger. Should disabled passengers wish to use public transport, they are advised to phone Terminal Services (tel 801 575 2477) in advance in order to make arrangements. The shuttle buses are wheelchair accessible, and there are designated parking spaces in all the car parks.
- Airlines Served:
- AeroMexico, America West Airlines, America West Express, American airlines, Atlantic Southeast, Comair, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontiers Airlines, jetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, Salmon Air, Skywest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, United Express.
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- If you have the time between flights take a tour of Salt Lake City, home of the world famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir, check out some of the excellent museums, or enjoy fine dining in one of the first class restaurants in the city.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Salt Lake City is the home of the Mormon faith, more correctly known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and was founded by Brigham Young and his group of 148 Mormon pioneers (only three of which were women) on July 24, 1847, who were looking for a place where they could practice their religion in peace. Today the population of the city is 181,743, the Salt Lake area 918,279, and Utah in total 2.3 million as of May 2004.