Houston William B Hobby Airport (HOU) Guide
Other Airports in Houston
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis depart from Curbzone 1 outside baggage reclaim, at the lower level.
- The bus service for Houston departs from Curbzone 8A, outside baggage reclaim, on the lower level.There are several shuttle services for door to door.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus, and car
- Airport Info:
- You will find the tourist/passenger information by the baggage claim and uniformed special service representatives(SSRs) can be found throughout the airport.
- For security reasons there are no lockers, but trolleys are available for hire in the baggage reclaim area.
- ATMs and bureaux de change are available.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Shops include newsagents and gift shops and are located in the central lobby upper level of the terminal, also in the central concourse and concourses A and C.
- A Mexican restaurant, ice cream parlour, fast-food and coffee shops are among the refreshment facilities at the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport offers a meeting room on Concourse C which can be booked through a SSR. Bureaux de change can provide fax and copying facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- All areas of the terminal are accessible for the disabled. Visually or hearing-impaired passengers can request assistance - 713 640 3000 or TDD713 641 7781 The black telephones located throughout the terminal are for requesting assistance.
- Airlines Served:
- AirTran, American Airlines Cargo, American Eagle, Atlantic Southeast, Continental Express, Delta Air Lines, Northwest Airlines, Southwest.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Houston is like everything in America, BIG, with its downtown area rush, but there are a number of unique attractions such as: The Museum and Rice Districts - About 8kms southwest of town you will find the area that is home to Rice University, and the lovely oak lined avenues that house many museums and galleries tha include the Menil Collection, Rothko Chapel, Byzantine Fresco Chapel Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, Cullen Sculpture Garden, so take your pick. Hermann Park - This pleasant open space is home to the Houston Museum of Natural Science and the Cockrell Butterfly Center which creates a rain forest environment in which to marvel at exotic butterflies, in the same area is an Imax cinema and the Contemporary Art Museum or take in the Holocaust Museum, there is certain something to keep anyone interested here. NASA - Easy to reach from the airport off the I-45 is the impressive Space Center Houston with it's hands-on exhibits and plenty to interest all. If you have the time its a must see in Houston.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Named in 1967after the former governor of Texas.