Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Airport shuttle has a stand by baggage claim and yellow cabs operate from outside the Terminal.
- Bus No 100 or 350 go into town.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus, and car
- Airport Info:
- The information desk is to be found in baggage reclaim area. Passengers can also contact various hotels using courtesy telephones located in the same area.
- There is a lost and found service - 512 530 7600
- ATMs and postal services are available.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Plenty of old Texan favourites in a market style Texas atmosphere.
- A taste of Texas here including, Schotzskys, Matts Famous El Rancho, Amy's Ice Creams, The Salt Lick, Auntie Anne's, Waterloo Ice House, Lefty's Bar and Grill and Harlon's Barbeque and coffee shop.
- Business Facilities:
- Wayport provide wireless internet access American Airlines? Admirals Club and Business Center - 800 237 7971 provides members with business facilities for up to 150 people, fax machine, photocopier, computer and printer, and computer ports for laptops. It also has two conference rooms. Continental Airlines Presidents Club - 512 530 1850 also includes conference and business facilities. There is also a Business and Technology Centre - 512 530 7900 equipped to handle business transactions, foreign currency exchange and airline trip insurance. The Hilton Austin Airport - 512 385 6767 offers business and conference facilities, with 18 meeting rooms, including a ballroom accommodating up to 800 people, and a fully equipped business centre.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Facilities include elevators, disabled toilets, accessible ticket counters and tables, Braille signage. Disabled parking spaces are situated close to lifts or to shuttle bus stops; shuttle buses are suitable for wheelchairs. Wheelchair service is available to the aircrafts; passengers should inform their airline of any special assistance on booking. TTD phones are available. Airport staff are trained in sign language.
- Airlines Served:
- ATI, America West, American Airlines Cargo, Atlantic Southeast, Continental, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, Eagle Airlines, Emery Worldwide, European Airlines, Fedex, Frontier Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Sky West Airlines, Southwest, Telesis, United Airlines, United Parcel Service.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- The state capital only in name, but a nice small flat town to walk with it's many parks.If you have time try to see: University of Texas - Tours around the rich campus are interesting and popular. Its even got it's own oil rig.LBJ Library and Museum named after the former President tells his story and an important time in American history.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Barbara Jordan Terminal: Named for the legendary U.S. Congresswoman, orator, and civil rights leader, she resided in Austin until her death in 1996.