Nashville International Airport (BNA) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available at the airport. Approximate fares to downtown Nashville is US$20 to $25. The taxi cabs are: Allied Cab, Diamond Cab, Kennedy Cab, Nashville Cab, United Cab, Checker Cab, Music City Cab, Rivergate/American Cab and Yellow Cab. Limousine services are available from numerous operators.
- Metropolitan Transit Authority - MTA - (Tel:(615) 862-5950) has two bus routes that serve the airport. Route 18 - Elm Hill Pike/Airport goes to downtown Nashville. Route 11 - Southeast Connector makes 13 trips each weekday to Opry Mills and 11 trips each weekday to 100 Oaks Mall. K-Town Shuttle, Greyhound, Gray Line Airport Express, Express Shuttle and Anytime Shuttle also provide transport to various other destinations.
- Taxis, limousines, buses and shuttles all provide transport from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- The Airport Welcome Center (tel: 615 275 1675) is located near the baggage claim area. Beige courtesy telephones are located throughout the terminal and can be used for assistance and information.
- Trolleys are available. Enquire at the Information Desk (tel: 615 275 1675) for Lost Property.
- There is a Bank, Bureaux de Change and ATMs in the airport.
- There is a meditation room.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located throughout the airport. Photocopy and Fax is available. There is a Mailbox and Stamp Machines in the terminal. Restrooms and water fountains are located throughout the terminal. Baby change facilities are available and there is a play area for children. There is a First Aid Station. A Massage service and a Shoe Shine service is available. Smoking areas are provided. Television is available in the cocktail lounges.
- Eating & Drinking:
- You have the choice of; Capitol Hill Grill, Jake's Coffee House, Americos, Whitt's Barbecue, Market Street Public House Bar, Miami Subs, Pasta Pizzazz and Air Meals.
- Shopping at Nashville includes: Heritage Booksellers. PGA Tour Shop, Paradies Gift Shops, Gift Connection, Rhythm Shoeshine and Massage Bar to relax aching necks and shoulders.
- Business Facilities:
- The Wright Travel Business Center (tel: 615 275 2660) offers fax, photocopy, notary service and bureau de change.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible and toilets for the disabled are located throughout the airport. TDD telephones for the hearing impaired are provided. Perking for the disabled is provided and there is a courtesy bus to transport disabled people to the terminal. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- ABX Air, Air Canada, American Airlines Cargo, American Eagle, BAX Global, Comair - Delta, Continental, Corporate Air, Delta Air Lines, Emery Worldwide, Kitty Hawk Cargo, Northwest Airlines, Skyways AB, Southwest, TWA, US Airways, United Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Visit Nashville and you're in Country Music Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry so get yourself a rattlesnake belt and a Stetson.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Nashville International Airport is served by 17 carriers and provides air service to nearly 84 cities in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. In 1999 the passenger count was more than 8.5 million.