Memphis International Airport (MEM) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxi services are provided by: Advantage Cab, Checker Cab, City Wide Cab, Metro Cab, and Yellow Cab. Negotiate the taxi fare for your destination. Shuttle services are provided by: MATA Dash and Unique Travel. Sunrise Shuttle travel to destinations outside Memphis city limits. Airport Fast Park and Parking Company of America offer complimentary shuttle services for passengers using Off Airport Parking facilities. The Airport Shuttle provides transport from the airport car parks. SFax Limousine Services will provide luxury limousines. Many airports provide free shuttles from the airport for their guests.
- MATA; the Memphis Area Transit Authority offers public bus service from the lower outer drive near Terminal C. Bus route No. 32 East Parkway Airport, leaves every hour. Charter buses leave from the lower outer commercial drive.
- Buses, taxis, limousines and shuttles provide transport from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Information booths are located the baggage claim area on the ground floor. They give information and assistance and a translation service is available as well. Blue Suede Service volunteers assist passengers.
- Baggage carts are available at $2 per cart. Lost property is handled by the Memphis Airport Authority Police (tel: 901 922 8050).
- There is a Bank and ATMs in the airport.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located throughout the airport. Internet, fax and photocopy is available. Toilets and baby change facilities are provided. There a baby/parent room and play areas for small children. There is a Health Station and AED (defibrillators) are available. Smoking areas are outside the terminals. There is a hairdresser and a shoe shine service.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport is under construction until 2005. Some of the eateries they will have ready then are: Interstate Bar-b-que, Hughey's, The Half Shell, Folk's Folly, Grisanti's Bolla Pasta and more.
- The airport is under construction until 2005. Some shopping opportunities will include the Elvis theme shop, PGA Golf and Altitunes.
- Business Facilities:
- The International Travel Insurance and Business Center (tel: 901 922 8090) provides fax and photocopying facilities, as well as notary and financial services. The Skyport Inn (tel: 901 345 3220) has three meeting rooms for up to 50 people and catering is provided. Radisson Memphis Hotel (tel: 901 332 2370)provides conference and banqueting facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Car parks have free parking for the disabled displaying a Disability ID The airport has lifts and ramps and toilets for the disabled are located in all the terminals. TDD telephones are located in the main terminal and in all the concourses. There is a TTY information service (tel: 901 922 8720) for hearing-impaired. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- ABX Air, ATI, AirTran, American Airlines Cargo, American Eagle, Bankair, Baron Aviation Services, Comair - Delta, Continental Express, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, Emery Worldwide, Fedex, KLM, Mesaba Aviation, Mountain Air Cargo, Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink, US Airways, United Express, United Parcel Service
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- The Mississippi River Museum is great fun as is the River Walk, you can see the Memphis Belle, a WW11 B17 Bomber as well.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The airport is currently under constructions to improve facilities.