Charleston International Airport (CHS) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- There are metered and non metered taxi services available and they have to charge a set fee which can be viewed at the airport information desk. Taxi stops are located in the car park. http://www.charleston-arrives.net/
- There are regular shuttle services from the airport to various destinations in Charleston. The shuttle stops are located in the car park.
- Passengers travelling to and from the airport by road can either use car, shuttle or taxi services. www.charleston-arrives.com
- Airport Info:
- There is an information desk located in the terminal building, near the entrance.
- There are luggage trolleys available free of charge.
- There is an ATM located in the Atrium of the terminal building.
- More Services:
- The airport has a hospitality counter; a nursery; police departement and first aid facility; as well as public telephones that are located throughout the terminal building.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport has a gift shop and a bookstore/newsagent in the atrium of the terminal.
- The airport has a restaurant in the atrium of the terminal and several snack bars located throughout the terminal.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has a business centre located in atrium of the terminal, next to the information desk. The centre provides a range of business services, including fax; Internet; photocopy; and telephone services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has lifts; ramps; adapted toilets and telephones; and reserved parking spaces for disabled travellers. Passengers that need any special assistance should inform their airline before travelling.
- Airlines Served:
- Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, FAA, Mercury Air, Northwest Airlines, united Express, US Airways
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers that are delayed at the airport for a few hours can take a shuttle or txi into Charleston and from there these activities and attractions are within easy reach. South Carolina Aquarium - 100 Aquarium Wharf. This is Charleston's new aquarium and offers an amazing view of the historic harbour. The aquarium has a range of interesting displays, including Mountain Forest; Piedmont; Coastal Plain; and the Atlantic Coast. It also has a wide range of of birds; reptiles; and salt and fresh water fish. This is a great place for the whole family. Magnolia Plantation - 3550 Ashley River Rd. This 17th century plantation has the largest collection of azaleas and camellias in the USA, some gardens on the plantation date back to the 1680s. The current main house dates back to 1873 and is furnished with period pieces. This is a great place to step back in time and take a break from travelling.