Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Public transport and taxis are available to travellers and arelocated on the baggage reclaim level of the Landside Terminal. Taxi companies serving the airport are Checker Cab Tel: 412 381 5600 and Yellow Cab Co of Pittsburgh Tel: 412 321 8100.
- There are a couple of options available to travellers for driving to the airport. These include taxi's, busses and rental cars.
- Airport Info:
- The airport is equipped with airport information desks which can be found in the central areas of both terminals.There are also blue courtesy information phones available which are located throughout the airport. The airport also has a Travelers Aid desk, which is located on the baggage reclaim level of the Landside Terminal, which offers general travel assistance and information in emergency situations. The number to contact, should you require assistance is Tel: 412 472 3599.
- The airport has a lost-baggage facility which can be contacted on Tel: 412 472 3500.
- There are ATM's located throughout the airport and there are bureau de change's availalble in both terminals.
- The airport is equipped with a chapel.
- More Services:
- The airport has an emergency medical service available, should it be required.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport features many different stores, which meet the requirements of many individuals. You can expect to find stores like Bath and Body Works, The Body Shop, Clinique, Discovery Channel Store, Gap, Godiva Chocolatier, Johnston & Murphy, Nine West, Perfumania and many more.
- At Pittsburgh International Airport passengers are most definitly spoilt with choice regarding restaurants, bars and cafe's. You can expect to find eateries to the likes of Au Bon Pain, Treat Street, Gloria Jean's, Schlotzsky's Deli, Asian Chao, Java Coast, The Original Oyster House, Steak Escape and many others.
- Business Facilities:
- The Landside Terminal is equipped with Travelex centre, which offers fax and photocopy facilities, as well as notary and financial services. They can be contacted on Tel: 412 472 5151.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is equipped with lifts, ramps, TDD telephones and disabled toilets. There is disabled parking available in all the car parks. Wheelchairs are available and passengers are required to inform airlines in advance, should this service be required.
- Airlines Served:
- American Eagle, Atlantic Southeast, Continental Express, Comair, Express 1, Mesaba, Skyways, Southeast Airlines, United Express, US Airways Express, Air Canada, AirTran Airways, American Airlines, American West, ATA, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Independence Air, Northwest Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways, USA3000.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers who are troubled with flight delays have numerous options available, should they have time to spare. These include places such as: Pittsburgh Children's Museum - 10 Children's Way, Allegheny Square, North Side, Pittsburgh. This Museum provides a great place of enjoyment children and the child wannabe. The museum features wonderful hands-on exhibits, which include live performances, workshops, parties, storytelling, and a two-story Kids' Climber. There trading hours are as follows, Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm, Sun 12pm - 5pm and remember Tuesday is Family Day - you can expect to find many family specials. Andy Warhol Museum - 117 Sandusky St, Pittsburgh. The museum is open Sun 10am-5pm, Tue - Thu 10am - 5pm, Fri 10am - 10pm & Sat 10am - 5pm. Here you can expect to find the only museum which dedicated to only one artist. The museum honours Andy Warhol with an exhibition of over 500 of his art works, scattered throughout seven floors. Soldiers and Sailors National Military Museum and Memorial - 4141 Fifth Avenue, 5th Ave at Bigelow Blvd. The memorial and museum does its patriotic duty by paying respect to those serving in US wars. Goods that are on display include flags, weapons, uniforms. The auditorium features the Gettysburg Address inscribed about the stage.