Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- There are taxi's available 24 hrs, for information contact Tel: 215 937 6958.
- The handiest bus route is number 76, as it runs from Penn's Landing and the Independence Hall region then along Market Street past the City Hall and to the museums and Fairmount Park.
- The roads are pretty user friendly, with a lot of road signs and landmarks. Driving here should'nt be much of a hassle.
- Airport Info:
- There is a general 24 hour information and language assistance facility which is available from Airport Communication Centre, you can contact them on Tel: 215 937 6937. There are information desks located throughout the terminals.
- The airport has a lost-baggage facility and can be contacted on Tel: 215 937 6888.
- The airport is equipped with ATM's and a bureau de change.
- More Services:
- The airport has a hospital and is also fully equipped with baby-changing facilities.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport offers a great selection of retail stores, from which you can purchase many different items. Stores include Afaze, Johnston & Murphy and the Philadelphia Museum of Art store.
- Philadelphia airport features a large and extensive range of lovely diners and restaurants. There is a great selection, which caters for many different tastes. Restaurants available include Cibo Bistro and Wine Bar, Independence Brew Pub, Jet Rock Bar & Grille, Sky Asian Bistro and plenty more.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has a business centre know as Laptop Lane, which features computers, internet access and other business facilities. Alternatively you can make use of the US Airways Business Centre, which also offers photocopying, PC and laser printing, as well as fax and document shredding facilities, for information you can contact them on Tel: 610 362 4333.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport features lifts, disabled toilets, raised numbering on lifts and ATM's and braille signage. There is also disabled parking available, which is located conveniently close to the airport terminals. Shuttle busses feature wheelchair lifts and wheelchairs are also available from the individual airlines. Passengers should notify the airlines in advance, should they require such assistance, the nimber to contact is tel: 215 937 6700.
- Airlines Served:
- Aero Taxi, Air Canada, Air Jamaica, AirTran, America West, American Airlines Cargo, American Eagle, BAX Global, British Airways, Business Express (Delta), Comair - Delta, Continental, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, Emery Worldwide, Fedex, Flagship, KHI, Lufthansa, Midway Airlines, Midwest Express, Mountain Air Cargo, Northwest Airlines, Swiss, TWA, US Airways, United Airlines, United Parcel Service, Zantop Int´l
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- City Hall - Should you have some time to spare you can take a trip to the city center where you can go have a look at the city hall. It is home to a 37ft bronze statue of Penn. Another highlight are the sculptures and carvings which are situated all around the building. Museum of American Art - Located at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, you will find the most extraordinary works of American art. They are open Tues ? Sat 10am ? 5pm and Sun 11am ? 5pm. Admission is free of charge on Sundays from 3pm ? 5pm. Be sure to have a couple of hours free, as there are more than 300 years of art on display. Reading Terminal Market - Located right in the center of the city, this is where many Amish farmers go to sell their produce. It tends to get very rowdy and is the perfect spot to enjoy a lovely lunch break.