Dayton International Airport (DAY) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available from taxi ranks located in front of the terminal building.
- There is a RTA bus service to and from the airport, the bus stop is located in front of the terminal building.
- Travellers going to and from the airport can either use a car, taxi, chartered van or bus.
- Airport Info:
- The airport has an information desk located in the terminal building, by the ticket counter.
- There is a baggage claim centre and trolleys are available throughout the terminal building.
- The airport has a couple of ATMs located in the main hall of the terminal building.
- The airport has a meditation centre.
- More Services:
- There is a first aid centre, there are also courtesy telephones; public phones; a baby changing room; post boxes; and free Internet access available at the airport.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are a few shops located in the terminal building, including Paradies Gift Shop; Tip's Barber Shop; CNBC Gift Shop; and Heritage Booksellers.
- There are a few restaurants and bars located in the terminal building of the airport, including Tool Town Tavern; Max & Erma's; Sbarro Italian Eatery; and Cinnabon.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has a business travellers centre located in the main hall of the terminal building, which offers a range of business services including fax; photocopying; Internet; and meeting room facilities.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is accessible by disabled passengers, with lifts; ramps; wheelchair-accessible toilets; TDD phones for the speech and hearing impaired; and reserved parking places for disabled drivers. Passengers needing special assistence should inform their airline before travelling.
- Airlines Served:
- AirTran Airways, American Airlines, Comair - Delta, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Emery Worldwide, Fedex, KHI, Northwest Airlink, Northwest Service, TWA, US Airways, United Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers delayed at the airport for a few hours can take a bus or taxi into Dayton city, from there all the following attractions are within easy reach. Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm - 1000 Aullwood Rd. This 300 acre natural haven is a great place to take the children for a fun and informative break from travelling. The nature centre has a prairie land; meadows; woodlands; and a functioning farm. There are many trails to follow to discover everything the park has to offer. National Aviation Hall of Fame - 1100 Spaatz St, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. This is a great place to go and learn about the history of aviation and the people who made it all happen. The hall is part of the US Air Force Museum and houses many exhibits and interactive displays that focus on air and space technology, and advancements from earlier years. A lot of the exhibits pay tribute to pilots; teachers; scientists; and other people who have made contributions to the world of aviation.