Raleigh Durham Airport (RDU) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Raleigh Durham Airport
- Airport Code:
- The airport is located 10 miles southeast of Durham; 10 miles northwest of Raleigh.
Directions & Transportation
- Chauffered Limousine Services are available. Taxi ranks are situated just outside the terminals. The RDU Airport Taxi Service is operated by Dulles Airport
- The Triangle Transit Authority (TTA) offers public van transportation between Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary and Research Triangle Park and RDU. TTA service is charged at approx. $2.00 per one-way trip.
Greyhound buses run from Raleigh and Durham to the rest of the county and onwards.
- The nearest train station is in Raleigh.
- By Road: There are several options available to travellers arriving or leaving the airport by road.
Six rental car agencies are located at RDU and are a quick shuttle bus ride from the terminals.
Limousine services are available from the car agencies.
- Airport Info:
- Information desks are located in the main baggage claim areas in Terminals A and C. Visitor services employees and volunteers are available throughout the day to answer passenger and visitor questions and provide flight information and paging services. Tourism information can also be obtained at the information desks.
- Baggage carts are located in all baggage claim areas, along terminal kerbs and in parking zones. Cart rental is $2.00 and machines accept coins, bills, credit cards and debit cards. When you return the cart to any baggage cart location, you will receive a 25-cent refund.
- Post Office, Bureau de Change, Auto Exchange Machines are available.Currency exchange offices are located in the RDU Business Centers located in Terminal A on the ticketing level near the information desk and in Terminal C on the concourse level between gates C15 and C6. Business centers also offer travel insurance and wire service.
- The RDU Airport Interfaith Chapel is located in the Terminal A baggage claim area. The chapel is open 24-hours a day with and counselling is available on request.
- More Services:
- Community Art at RDU - Passengers walking through the Terminal A Art Gallery, located along the walkway between Terminal A and Terminal A North Concourse, can stop and enjoy artwork from members of the local community.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The Airport offers passengers a diverse selection of local and national favourites. Located throughout the terminals, all shops offer pricing comparable to local retail outlets.
- There are numerous food outlets at both terminals that serve Mexican, Asian and American delicacies.
- Business Facilities:
- Business centers are available. Email facilities are also available in the Triangle Cyber Cafe in Terminal C.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Disabled parking spaces are available in all RDU parking garages and Park & Ride lots. All shuttles serving the Park & Ride lots are lift-equipped. Wheelchair service is available from your airline.
TDD public pay telephones for the deaf and hearing-impaired are conveniently located throughout the terminals.
All areas of the airport, including ticketing, baggage claim and security checkpoints, can be accessed by elevators.
All public restrooms have disabled facilities.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada, Airtran Airlines, Atlantic Coast Airlines, Burlington, CCAIR (USAirExpress), Comair - Delta, Continental, Corporate Airlines, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, Emery Worldwide, Fedex, Flagship-American Eagle, Grand Strand, KHI, Laker Airways, Laker Bahamas, Midway, Midwest Express, Mountain Air Cargo, Northwest Service, Piedmont-US Airways, TWA, Tar Heel, US Airways, United Airlines, United Parcel Service.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport Departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Ask at the ticket office at time of booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Travellers delayed at the airport can reach Durham in 20-30 minutes. A main attraction there is the Bennet Place Historic site which is where the Civil War ended in 1865 when Confederate General Johnston surrendered to Union General Sherman 17 days after Lee's surrender at Appomattox. Reconstructed farm house and other facilities are available.
Raleigh, NC - We specialize in African American historic sites, the arts, attractions, boat tours, shopping, or recreation activities. Providing Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Step-on Guides, and Meet & Greet. Whether it's a museum , a custom tour of a North Carolina HBCU or a sightseeing tour of Raleigh. We can help you.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Major projects currently underway at the airport include planning for the expansion and renovation of Terminal C and the construction of a General Aviation terminal .