Rochester Airport (ROC) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Rochester Airport
- Airport Code:
- 6 km/3½ Miles SW of the City
- 1 (1)507 282-2328
Directions & Transportation
- The Taxi Cab Starter Booth is located in Front of the Main Terminal, centre entrance way, lower level. Taxis are run by Rochester International Airport Taxi Association. Limousines are provided by Shuffles Limos and Prestige Limos amongst others.
- The Airport is enroute of the Rochester Transit Service (RTS) throughout the day. Bus schedules are available at the Visitors Information Booth The bus shelter is located on lower level roadway, east end of airport. Bus No.2 runs every 30 minutes.
- New York Trailway?s have a terminal located at Midtown Plaza, which is located in downtown Rochester. There is no public transport from the airport to the station but taxi's are available.
- The car rental counters for the five companies on site are at the Greater Rochester International Airport are located on the lower level adjacent to the baggage claim area.
- Airport Info:
- A Visitor Information Booth is located on the first floor of ther International Airport, near the baggage claim area.
- Three baggage claim carousels are located on the ground level of the terminal.
- The Canandaigua National Bank and Trust has ATM machines located in the main terminal and in each of the concourse.
- Due to the current Terminal Renovations, the Interfaith Chapel is not available for use at present
- More Services:
- The Greater Rochester International Airport (GRIA) is the first airport in New York State to offer departing passengers an alternative to surrendering items of personal value at security checkpoints. Passengers no longer have to deal with the frustration of parting with items due to security constraints.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The Airport offers a variety of retail shops including discount gift shops, traditional gift and newsstand shops and unique retail shops.
- A number of restaurants and cafes are located in the Main Terminal, upper level, Observatory area.
- Business Facilities:
- The Frontier Business Terminal is open from 5:00 AM until 11:00 PM . Private work stations, data ports and telephones are available.Work station utilization is available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not required. Telephones and data ports may be utilized with a charge card.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The Airport is completely accessible to disabled travellers.
- Airlines Served:
- AirCanada;AirTran;American Airlines;Continental;Delta;Independence Air;Jet Blue;North West Airlines;United;US Airways.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport Departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Check with ticket office at time of booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- If you have time to spare nip into Rochester and visit the Rochester Museum & Science Centre.The unique, world-class collection of over 1.2 million Regional History, Anthropology, Natural Sciences, and Archives objects has formed the basis of the interpretation of the Rochester region to the public for 90 years. The Strong Museum in the town is dedicated to entertaining and education children so this would be an ideal place to take any bored kids.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The first development of the Greater Rochester International Airport was the Construction of Hangar #1 in 1927. It was in 1927 that the first Rochester to New York City passenger flight was made.