Albany International Airport (ALB) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- The taxi stand is located just outside the baggage claim area.Limouzines can be booked from various companies.
- Local commuter and town buses operate from outside the Terminal.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus, limo and car
- Airport Info:
- The information centre is located on the 1st floor, between ticket sales and baggage claim and provides tourist and flight information.
- Baggage claim is next to the information kiosk on the 1st floor.
- ATMs are to be found at locations throughout the airport.
- An inter faith prayer room is located on concourse C and offers a quiet place to pray except perhaps if there is a large group of Jews and Muslims who arrive together.
- More Services:
- Lost and found is by the operations centre on the 1st floor. The mail centre is near offering vending machines for your postal requirements.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Departure is the shop representing the areas museums and is a one stop local crafts shop. There is also Capital gifts and booksellers and Paradies Newsstand on the 2nd floor.
- The food court has got a selection of fast food as well as Arrezio's - Italian, Capital - Deli and Pub, Saranac Brew House - Restaurant/bar as well as the Checkpoint Cafe and pub on the first floor
- Business Facilities:
- The business centre is to be found on the 2nd floor and has all the nessecary equipment for meetings and conferences and there also 3 conference rooms.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Lifts, Wheelchairs and parking bays are available for the disabled.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada, American, American Eagle, Continental, Continental Connection, Delta, Northwest, Southwest, United/United Express, USAirways/USAirways Express/Metrojet.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Albany Urban Cultural Park - The place to learn about local history and customs and the home of Albanys oldest house Quackenbush, built alongside the Hudson River in 1736, adjacent is the modern visitors centre.
- Other Interesting Information:
- A new Terminal will completed in 1995.