Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxicabs are available outside exits 1 to 5 on the east side of the baggage claim area. Airport staff are available on the taxi curb to assist passengers. Checker/Yellow/Star, ANLV/ACE/Union/Vegas-Western, Whittlesea/Henderson, Whittlesea/Henderson, Desert Cab Company, Nellis Cab Company, Lucky Cab Company and Deluxe Taxicab Service are the taxi cab companies that provide transport from the airport. There is a $1.20 charge on all fares from the airport.
- CAT bus services operate route 108 and 109 from the airport to downtown Las Vegas. Telephone CAT Customer Service at (702 228 7433) for details. Various shuttle bus and limousine services are available at the airport. You will find them outside exits 8 to 14 on the north and west sides of the baggage claim area.
- Buses, taxicabs and limousines provide transport from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Information Booths are located throughout the airport. Dial "0" from any white courtesy phone in the airport for information or assistance. RSVP; Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, provide information and assistance to passengers in the baggage claim area in Terminal 1. VIVA; Visitor Information and Visitor Assistance rovers are also available to assist passengers. Staff at the Information booths also provide language translation services. Visual paging is available, dial "0" on any white courtesy phone for this service.
- The Lost & Found office (tel:702) 261-5134 is located on level 2 in Terminal 1. For security reasons luggage lockers are not available.
- Wells Fargo Bank offers full service banking including foreign currency exchange. ATMs are located throughout the terminals. Travelex offers foreign currency exchange in Terminal 2 for International arrivals.
- More Services:
- Telephones with fax and Internet are located at phone banks in the airport. Phone cards and most credit cards are accepted. There is a Post Office on level 2. If you're not checking in bags use a SpeedCheck kiosk to check in and print your own boarding pass. A top brass shoe shine service is available. Visual paging is available, dial "0" on any white courtesy phone for this service. Unisex Companion Care Restrooms are available for passengers with special needs. Nurses at the First Aid station provide immunizations, vaccines, blood pressure checks, minor first aid, and other related services.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There's a wide choice of places to eat and drink. Budweiser Brew House, Cinnabon, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Harlon's BBQ & Country Breakfast, Home Turf Sports Bar, Illy Espresso, Mrs Fields, Prickly Pear Cafe, Foxy Sports Sky Box, Quizno's Subs, Taco Bell, Vienna Beef and Ruby's Dinette are some of the many places.
- 24 Hour Flowers, Books Co, Brookstone, Caesars Exclusively, Erwin Pearl, Ethel M Chocolates, Fossil, Golf Tee Times, Kid's wear & Toys, Landing Gear, Marshall Rousso, Perfumania, Swarovski, The Candy Shoppe and WH Smith are some of the seemingly endless list of shops in the airport.
- Business Facilities:
- Business facilities are available at the hotels near the airport. There is a VIP lounge in Terminal 2. Translation services are available at the airport.
- Disabled Facilities:
- TDD telephones with LED computer screens are available to assist the hearing impaired. Phone cards can be purchased from self-serve machines at Terminals 1 and 2. Wheelchair service is provided free of charge by calling (702) 261-5475 or dialing 5475 on any white courtesy phone. Please allow 10 - 15 minutes for assistance to arrive, unless you have made advance arrangements with your airline.
- Airlines Served:
- ABX Air, AVIACSA, Aeromexico, Air Canada, AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, Aloha Airlines, America West, American Airlines Cargo, American Trans Air, Cargojet Canada, Comair - Delta, Condor, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Fedex, Hawaiian, Japan Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Mesa Airlines Inc, Mexicana, Midwest Express, National Air Charters, Northwest Airlines, Satena, Sky West Airlines, Song, Southwest, Sun Country Airlines, TED, TWA, US Airways, United Airlines, United Parcel Service, Vanguard Airlines, Virgin Atlantic
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- Well, you could gamble your life away but it remains a colourful city all the same.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Since October 2003 passengers can check-in at self service kiosks with user friendly touch screen computers systems. Nearly one million passengers have used SpeedCheck to obtain a boarding pass and proceed straight to the Security Checkpoint.