Omaha Airport (OMA) Guide
- Airport Name:
- Omaha Airport
- Airport Code:
- Located 8 km (5 Miles) Northeast of the City.
- 402 661 8000
Directions & Transportation
- The airport has a Ground Transportation centre, which is located on the lower level of the terminal building.
- The Greyhound station is situated at 1601 Jackson St. The Amtrak trains depart from 1003 S Ninth St very late at night, as well as arrive long before the city wakes up. Both depots are very well situated for downtown; however travellers are advised that public transportation here is poor.
- There are a couple of options available to travellers for driving to the airport. These include taxi's, busses and rental cars.
- Airport Info:
- The airport has a information desk, from which travellers can get infromation on flights, as well as general airport information.
- Lost and found baggage claims is handled by the airport police, which is located in the lower terminal.
- The airport is equipped with ATM's and a bureau de change.
- More Services:
- The airport also features a barber shop, as well as three shoeshine stands.
- Eating & Drinking:
- The airport is equipped with 7 retail outlets and speciality stores which are located throughout the terminal.
- The airport has two food courts and lounges some of them serving food 24 hrs and also a couple of snack bars.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has an automated business service center, as well as Laptop workstations with high speed Internet access.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Assistance is available for passengers with disabilities and travellers are recommended to contact their airlines prior to flight. The airport has disabled parking facilities available.
- Airlines Served:
- America West Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Continental Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Midwest Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Passengers who are troubled with flight delays have numerous options available, should they have time to spare. These include places such as:
Joslyn Art Museum - Located on 2200 Dodge St. Trading hours are Tues?Sat 10am?4pm and Sun n12pm?4pm. Admission is $6. The museum features an eclectic collection of Indian and twentieth-century American paintings and art.
Great Plains Black Museum - 2213 Lake St, open Tues?Sat 10am?2pm and admission is free of charge. The museum features a presentation of the history of the African American people on the prairies.
Heartland Park of America - Located at Eighth and Douglas streets, this is the ideal location for a lovely picnic. It features a beautiful, huge water-blasting fountain, ensuring spectacular scenery whilst you have a bite to eat.