Kansas City International Airport (MCI) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Airport Luxury and KCI Limo provide limousine service in the Kansas City area. Various Taxi services are available at Kansas City International Airport. Telephones are located outside the terminals exits and in the terminals at the baggage reclaim areas. Taxis serving the airport are required to carry passengers to any requested destination. Shared rates are available upon request of the first passenger, providing all other passengers agree.
- The Metro Bus run from Monday to Friday, to downtown Kansas City and depart from outside the terminals. Passengers must have exact change for the ticket machines. KCI Shuttle buses (tel: 816 243 5000) run to Kansas City centre and other cities in Missouri. Other shuttle bus services include KCI Roadrunner Express and Tiger Air Express.
- The Metro bus, shuttle buses, taxis and limousine are available to get on your way from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Courtesy telephones are located throughout the airport and provide an information service, or you can call tel: 816 243 5237 for information. Kiosks located at the bus shelters in the new economy car park provide airport information.
- Lost and Found property is located in the Airport Police building (tel: 816 243 5219). Use the courtesy telephones in the airport terminals to enquire. Baggage trolleys are available free to International passengers clearing customs in Terminal 2. Smarte Carts are available at US$3 per cart.
- ATMs are available in all the terminals.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located in all the terminals and there is a Post Office. Family toilets and a First Aid centre is available.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are restaurants, pubs and coffee shops. Passengers can visit Arthur Bryant's BBQ, Starbucks, Expedia.com Cafe, Hot Dog City and Kentucky Fried Chicken. The thirsty will find Home Turf Sports Bar, Anheuser Busch Tap Room and the Boulevard Brew Pub. A Food Court is included in the plans to improve the airport terminals and should be completed in 2004.
- There are shops in all the terminals and a wide selection of goods is on offer.
- Business Facilities:
- There are business centres in terminals A & B. The Marriott Hotel (tel:816 464 2200) in the airport grounds, provides a fully equipped business centre, rooms for meetings, salons, a pavilion and a ballroom.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible with lifts and parking for the disabled is provided. TDD telephones and wheelchair accessible toilets are located in all the terminals. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements. Request wheelchairs from the airlines.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada, AirTran Airways, American, America West, Comair, Continental Express, Delta. Frontier, Midwest Airlines, Northwest, Skywest, United, US Airways.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- In Atchison, the International Forest Of Friendship is a tranquil and interesting place to visit. Trees representing the 50 states of America are growing here. The walkway bears plaques honouring 700 men and women for their contribution to the advancement of aviation.
- Other Interesting Information:
- A major project to improve the terminals is ongoing during 2004. Some parts of the terminals may be closed.