Minneapolis St Paul International aIrport (MSP) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis (tel:612 726 5877) are available at the taxi booth. From the Lindbergh Terminal cross through the Tunnel Level toward the parking ramp and go up one level to the taxi booth. Approximate fares are US$25 to Minneapolis and US$15 to St Paul. SuperShuttle (tel:(612)-827-7777) operates the shared-ride service.
- Metro Transit (Tel: (612) 349 6000) stop on the east side of the Lindbergh Terminal and provide transport throughout Minneapolis and St Paul. Jefferson Bus Lines (Tel:(612) 726 5118) and other scheduled services connect to Greyhound services.
- Taxis, buses and shuttles provide transport from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Information Desks (tel: 612 726 5555) are located in the main terminal and Volunteers also provide Travelers Assistance (tel: 612 726 5500). (tel: 612 726 5555)
- The Lost Property (Tel:(612) 726 5141) office is located in the Lindbergh Terminal on the Mezzanine Level. Storage lockers are available in the Lindbergh and Humphrey terminals. Lockers are equipped with fingerprint technology to ensure only those who store the bags can retrieve them. Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport is the first airport in the nation to use such locker technology. Locker rental costs $2 per hour, with a maximum daily charge of $6.
- Bureaux de Change and ATMs are located in the terminals.
- More Services:
- Computer Access/Dataports are available on all pay phones in the Lindbergh and Humphrey Terminals. Self-serve centers offer travelers private work stations with dataports, Fax, travel insurance, FedEx service, postage machines and ATMs. The centers are located throughout the Lindbergh Terminal. Internet Kiosks are available and Wireless Internet is available after security. The Family Room offers nursing and baby change facilities and play. There are two play areas for children, great fun for families. There are shoeshine services and health and beauty salons, hairdressers and Dry Cleaning services.
- Eating & Drinking:
- You can choose; Wok & Roll, Split Rock, Sbarros, Cool Planet, D'Amigo, Wetzel's Pretzels, Rapidos, Itasca Grille, Malibu Al's, Good Earth, Dunn Bros Coffee, Cinnabon, Copper Stein, Lake Line Pub, Sola Squeeze, Famous Dave's and Market to Go.
- There are 75 retail shops and dining choices in the airport. Some of them are; Altitunes, Discovery Store, Simply Books, Tie Rack, Bath & Body Works, Wilsons, the Leather Experts. Spirit of the Red Horse, with Native American gifts, Minnesota Shines, Lands' End, Brookstone and Bow Wow Meow.
- Business Facilities:
- The Pierson M Grieve Conference Centre (tel: 612 794 4500) offers conference facilities for up to 100 people and is equipped with computer workstations with Internet access; data ports, LCD projectors, photocopy, notary services and secretarial and catering services are also available. TravelEx offers a wide variety of business services, including conference rooms, photocopies and transparencies, fax, phone cards, travelers checks, courier services, computer services, money transfer and post office boxes for travelers. Self-serve business centers offer travelers private work stations with dataports, Fax, travel insurance, FedEx service, postage machines and ATMs. The centers are located throughout the Lindbergh Terminal.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible and toilets for the disabled are located throughout the airport. TDD telephones for the hearing impaired are provided. Electric carts provide transport in the airport. There are several restrooms in both terminals for the disabled and their families or nurses to relax. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- America West, American Airlines Cargo, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Fedex, Frontier Flying Service, Icelandair Cargo, KLM, Mesaba Aviation, Northwest Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, TWA, US Airways, United Airlines, United Parcel Service, Vanguard Airlines
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Famous for its Mall of America, attracting millions of visitors, there is enough to do here to keep you going for weeks. The seven acre theme park offers lots of entertainment and with some 500 shops well?.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Storage locker security is controlled by fingerprint technology: only those who stored the luggage can retrieve it. Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport is the first airport in the nation to use such locker technology.