New Orleans Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis are available on the lower level outside the baggage claim area. The fare for 1/2 passengers is around $28 for 3 or more passengers the fare is around $12 per person to downtown New Orleans. Airport Shuttle (tel:(504) 522 3500) provide transport to the CBD with fares ranging from $26 per person. Non scheduled Airport Limousine Service is available at the airport and the fare is $35 for 1/2 people and $10 per additional passengers to the CBD and the French Quarter.
- The Jefferson Transit Bus (tel:(504) 367 7433) departs from Entrance No.7 on the upper level and takes around 35 minutes to reach downtown New Orleans. Greyhound (tel:(504) 525-9371) also departs from Entrance No.7 and provides transport to many destinations. Coastliner (tel:1 800 64 3957) runs to the Gulf Coast. St. Tammany Tours (tel:1 800 543 6362) runs to Lake Pontchartrain. La. Shuttle Express (tel:866 925 8110) runs to Baton Rouge.
- Taxis, limousines, buses and shuttles all provide transport from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- Information Services are located in the West Lobby (Tel:(504) 464 2752) and in the East Baggage Claim (Tel:(504) 465 8852). All Service representatives are bi-lingual or multi-lingual and Red Cross Language Bank (Tel: (504) 586-8191 provide translation services. There is a Traveler?s Aid Booth (504) 464-3522 located in the East Baggage Claim.
- VIP Baggage Check Service (Tel: (504) 471-0080) provides luggage storage. The Lost Property Office (Tel:(504) 464-2671 is on the Upper Level in the West Lobby.
- The Bank is located in the Ticket Lobby. TravelEx America Business Center is open daily and also provides currency exchange. ATMs are available.
- More Services:
- All the telephones in the airport have Internet access. Wireless Internet is situated in the Delta Crown Room and Airtran Gate C9. The Post Office is located in the Ticket Lobby. Toilets and baby change facilities are available. First Aid is available. Smoking areas are provided in restaurants and bars.
- Eating & Drinking:
- There are restaurants, bars and coffee shops in the concourses of the terminal.
- There are several shops in the airport terminal and Duty Free shopping is available.
- Business Facilities:
- The Hilton New Orleans Airport (tel: 504 469 5000) nearby offers a business centre, a high-tech amphitheatre, and a dedicated business concierge. TravelEx America Business Center is located in the Ticket Lobby and offers foreign money exchange, photocopies, fax services, emergency cash, and wire money transfers. Wireless Internet is located in the Delta Crown Room and Airtran Gate C9 on Concourse C. The Delta Crown Room on Concourse D is for business passengers.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport is wheelchair accessible and toilets for the disabled are located throughout the airport terminal. There are nine TDD telephones in the airport for the hearing impaired. The TDD line (Tel:(504) 463 1057) in the airport provides information. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- AA American, Air Canada, Air Tran, America West Airlines, Comair - Delta, Continental, DHL Air, Delta Air Lines, Emery Worldwide, Fedex, Frontier Airlines, Grupo Taca, JetBlue, KHI, LACSA, Northwest, Southwest, US Airways, United Airlines, United Parcel Service.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing.
- Activities near the Airport:
- The historic St Charles Streetcar is still the greatest way to get around, the Garden District is lush and glorious and well worth the time of day. There's the Wedding Cake House, the Brown House and the replica of Tara's house from "Gone with the Wind" fame.
- Other Interesting Information:
- The New Orleans International Airport is in the midst of major facilities improvements which includes a 3000 car parking garage, extension of the east/west runway, expansion of Concourse C & D and a new FAA Air Traffic Control Tower.