Louisville International Airport (SDF) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxi cab services are: Cardinal/Yellow/Checker Cab, Cosmopolitan Black Car Service, Crosstown Taxi, Day and Night Taxi , Green Cab, Ready Cab, United Taxi and Taxi-Taxi. Limousine services are provided by: Ambassador Capital Limousine, Cosmopolitan Limousine, Community Aztec, R & R Limousine Service, Yellow Cab Airport Shuttle and Executive Transportation provide shuttle services.
- City buses depart from the airport frequently. During peak hours, 6.30 to 8.30am and 3.30 and 5.30pm the bus fare is $1. During non-peak hours the fare is $0.75.
- Taxis, shuttles, buses and limousines are available for transport from the airport.
- Airport Info:
- The Information Booth (tel:(502) 368-6524) is located near the baggage claim area. You can also use the beige courtesy phones in the airport, dial 257 for information or assistance. Dial 250 for medical assistance.
- Lost property is handled by the airport police (tel: 502 367 4636 ext. 264). For baggage storage facilities enquire at the Information Booth.
- There is a Bank on the upper level of the terminal and there are two ATMs in the terminal.
- More Services:
- Telephones are located throughout the terminal, some with Internet access. Toilets and baby change facilities are provided. There is a mailbox and a shoe shine service. First Aid is available.
- Eating & Drinking:
- Starbucks, a gourmet coffee and pastry shop; the Louisville Home Team, The Bluegrass Brewing Company, Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Burger King and Woodford Reserve Bar & Grill are the eateries you can go to.
- Shops include Bluegrass News, Heritage Booksellers and Louisville Marketplace sell products made in Louisville and Kentucky. Then there is the PGA Tour shop, Official Sports and the Paddock, for equestrian goods, Just for Kids, Gracious Goodness, for local gourmet foods and cookbooks and a Convenience Store and a Game Arcade.
- Business Facilities:
- Louisville Concierge at (502) 657-0098 offers a conference room for 12 people. Computer workstations with Internet access, photocopy, fax and notary services.
- Disabled Facilities:
- Parking for the disabled is available. For passengers in wheelchairs, there are special ramps, curbs, doors and elevators in the airport. Lifts give Braille floor designations and raised control buttons for the visually impaired. Guide dogs are permitted in the terminal buildings and on aircraft. There are telephones that are compatible for people with hearing aids and TDD phones for the deaf and telephones equipped with dataports. Airline ticketing and baggage claims are also accessible. There are two chauffeured electric carts for the disabled to get about. If you require special assistance advise the airline of your disability and needs at the time of booking. Contact the airline a day prior to travelling to confirm your requirements.
- Airlines Served:
- Atlantic Southeast, American Eagle, Comair - Delta, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Fedex, Independence Air, KHI, Midwest, Northwest Airlines, Northwest Airlink, Skyways AB, Southwest, TWA, UPS, US Airways, United Airlines, United Parcel Service.
- Airport Taxes:
- Airport departure tax is usually included in the ticket price. Enquire at the time of ticketing
- Activities near the Airport:
- What better place to spend some time than at the Riverside Plaza with the best ever view of the Falls of the Ohio.
- Other Interesting Information:
- Two new runways are planned for simultaneous landing and take-off in all weather conditions.