Indianapolis International Airport (IND) Guide
Directions & Transportation
- Taxis depart from the terminal side of Lower Terminal Drive, there is a taxi call button in the taxi area and limousine services depart from the ground transportation centre.
- The public bus (No8)leaves from courtesy vehicle island just outside the ground transportation centre and opposite baggage reclaim.
- Taxi, shuttle, bus, limousines and car
- Airport Info:
- The information centre is to be found in the central ticket area.
- Baggage reclaim and luggage delivery is located in arrivals on the lower level.
- There are ATMs and a currency exchange on the upper level.
- More Services:
- Barber shop, shoe shine and a garage with a car wash in the airport grounds.
- Eating & Drinking:
- A good mix of shops including a couple that specialise in local products, book shop, newsagents, hat shop and a perfumery.
- Good choice in the food court from Indian to Mexican and all the fast food stops in between, in over 20 food and drink establishments.
- Business Facilities:
- The airport has a board room for hire also a club room is available from US Airways on concourse D. Conference rooms and business facilities are available at the Holiday Inn Select Indianapolis Airport which is within the airport grounds. The hotel has a full business centre with PC, printing, fax and photocopying, also 15 meeting rooms accommodating up to 670 guests. Audiovisual equipment and videoconferencing are available.Similar facilities are to be had at The Radisson Hotel Indianapolis Airport.
- Disabled Facilities:
- The airport has ramps, lifts, TDD telephones, disabled toilets and telephones. Assistance with wheelchairs is available from the information centre, or from Skycaps check-in porters. Passengers needing special assistance should enquire on booking.
- Airlines Served:
- Air Canada, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West Airlines, ATA Airlines, ATA Connection, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, Frontier Airlines, Independence Air, Midwest Connect, Northwest Airlines/KLM, Southwest Airlines, United Air Lines, United Express, US Airways, US Airways Express.
- Airport Taxes:
- Departure tax is usually included in your ticket price, inquire on booking.
- Activities near the Airport:
- Indianapolis is much more than the annual 500 car race and has blossomed into a fine and fancy city with plenty to attract the visitor including: Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art - At 500 W Washington St to the west of downtown and is an amazing mixed collection of tribal artefacts and artworks housed in an impressive wood, adobe and stone building. Indianapolis Zoo - Also located in the White River State Park, the zoo is huge and is home to a large collection of animals from all over the world. Indianapolis Artsgarden - Venture downtown and you are sure to see this newly completed 8 floor round glasshouse which serves as the city's exhibition area and is adjacent to the classy Circle Centre, the main shopping mall.